Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RELEASE MY NUMBER NOW, END MY CONTRACT NOW
kidnapped

All 3G devices in Pend Orielle County, WA state have been completely disabled without notice or warning and despite multiple claims these devices would be continued until 2021.

I have spent the last week with all calls being dropped within minutes... if not seconds, all texts fighting to get through and the majority failing after repeated attempts and after finally giving up on verizon, buying a new phone from a different service... verizon still will NOT release my numbers to the new service.  Now my purchased phones are worthless, my verizon service is worthless and I've wasted a weeks worth of time and a lot of money in fuel and products, only to face loosing the phone numbers we have used since before smart phones were even a thing.

All attempts to transfer numbers to new services, loop into forced use of the very same phones that have been disabled.  All attempts to resolve through the website result in being forced back into the closed loop of the 3G devices that have been disabled.  Customer Service speaking with real agents to resolve real issues appears to have been completely abandoned.  What kind of stupidity is this?

To pull this kind of dishonest trickery in the middle of a pandemic is unconscionable and verizon has not only lost my business but they've made an enemy out of a loyal customer.  My 81 yr. old father and my wife have both missed calls about important medical appointments and procedures thanks to this irresponsible abuse of loyal (10 years, never missed a payment) customers.

Trying to force elderly and disabled individuals in the midst of a national medical emergency to pay for service upgrades they do not want or need is literally the lowest of the low.  You service is dishonest, dishonorable and your support is pathetic.  You should be ashamed.

RELEASE MY PHONE NUMBERS & END MY SERVICE... NOW!!!!

0 Likes
Re: RELEASE MY NUMBER NOW, END MY CONTRACT NOW
Tigerstep

Cut off date was 2019, not 2021. Verizon only extended by a year with plans to shut down 3G 2020.

Your phone number isn't being held captive. All you have to do is call 800 922 0204 and request a transfer pin if you can't access your My Verizon account. Verizon stopped allowing port outs with your account pin recently as a response to fraudulent port outs being a problem.

I don't know what you're doing when you call in. As long as you follow prompts and call during business hours, an agent will eventually be available.

It's not "trickery" when Verizon made 3G retirement known publicly for over a year. Here's a page from Verizon themselves. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

It's dishonest to even suggest 3G shutdown and Covid-19 are related. This was something planned for a long while. The tech world doesn't stand still for anyone.

0 Likes
Re: RELEASE MY NUMBER NOW, END MY CONTRACT NOW
kidnapped

Because calling a company with a disabled phone or 3 is just a piece of cake huh?  It's not like pay phones are still a thing you can find and use when needed.

Everything I've seen online and discussions with authorized store reps all agreed 2020 was "support" cut-off but service was extended through 2021.  I am not alone in my assertion, despite your claims in opposition.  Having worked in tech and tech support myself... the quite roll-out is indeed, poorly handled to put it kindly.

I'm not paranoid enough to try and imply a connection between China Flu and Verizon but I will clearly and repeatedly call out action poor timing to disable an entire rural county (or more?) in times of national and international emergency proclamations.  The local 2nd hand retailer (sells but not an authorized "store" with the same access to the company) was literally flooded with confused, upset and scared senior citizens.  Authorized store employees claimed $200 minimum for compatible phone upgrade, with no flip or basic options in 4G.  Taking advantage and pushing unneeded and unnecessary upgrade expenses and flat out lying about available options.  Color it however it helps you sleep.

0 Likes