Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rakuten
cole95

I recently switched to Verizon and purchased an iPhone 13 Pro thru the website.

I have been trying to take advantage of an offer available through Rakuten:

$75.00 Cash Back available on New Service (Includes Bring Your Own Device) and Add-a-Line activations (including Tablets and watches with cellular service)

https://www.rakuten.com/verizon.com

I have been notified by Rakuten that "Verizon has been unable to verify this purchase as being eligible for Rakuten credit."

I have tried to resolve this with Verizon customer service but have hit a brick wall.  Apparently no one in customer service at Verizon (chat nor phone) has any knowledge of this rebate (okay, whatever) nor do they have any contact within the company that would be able to assist (oddly not even the rebates department). I am so frustrated.

Has anyone had this problem and had it resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Rakuten
cole95

In case anyone is curious:

cole95_0-1637539908327.png

I wanted to let them know the offer was out there in case anyone (affiliations?) wanted to know about it (as everyone claimed ignorance of the offer and Rakuten) and maybe take action to have it removed or at least educate their reps.

cole95_2-1637540172366.png

This was the reply to that:

cole95_4-1637540293563.png

Yeah.

0 Likes
Unhappy-verzn-shoppr

I am pretty sure it is a Verizon issue. They seem to want to order the phone either by telephone or chat. No one wants to figure out anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Unhappy-verzn-shoppr ,

We're sorry to hear that, especially that you feel so strongly by having your username set up like that. This is the only message you have posted to our forums, so what exactly are you having trouble with with your own services? As for the OP's concern about a promotion through a non-Verizon website, we can only speak to promotions run through our own website: https://www.verizon.com/deals/ . For other companies or locations that have their own promotions or offers, you will always need to reach out to those places for further assistance. -Russell

0 Likes
SilverAngel

All Verizon needs to do is verify that you made a purchase on that day as the shop through site (Rakuten) needs that proof in order to credit your account for the rebate.  If Verizon does not cooperate with Rakuten, they should say that up front.  It's misleading to have Verizon on Rakuten's website with all those rebates listed as it is enticing people to buy Verizon but then bait and switch and buyers get nothing.  Not good business guys.  You all need to figure this out.  

Plenty of other businesses have this rebate system working just fine with Rakuten.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

If it's a legit deal with Rakuten then they are the ones that should straighten this out.   The fact that Rakuten is doing nothing about a deal they are offering says a lot about them.  Sounds like Verizon has nothing to do with this deal on their end. 

0 Likes