Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Random numbers on Verizon text log
JustinGiersz

So I have been looking through my Verizon text log and I noticed a 90934 number keeps popping up as if I’m texting that number. I’m curious as to what that number means being it’s not an actual phone number? Could it be from Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, FaceTime, or any of those features that have calling/texting capabilities? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Random numbers on Verizon text log
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

You may want to read the linked info in the earlier post regarding short codes but in a nutshell, yes ... the number you're seeing is called a short code and that particular one is assigned to Visa. Whenever you receive a notification text from Visa about your card it will show on your text log as being from that short code/number.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP
0 Likes
JustinGiersz

What does that actually mean though? 

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

The short code is assigned to Visa; are you getting text alerts from them or interacting in some way via text regarding a Visa card?

0 Likes
JustinGiersz

So it’s a code from my visa debit card? I do get notifications every time I purchase something with my card 

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

You may want to read the linked info in the earlier post regarding short codes but in a nutshell, yes ... the number you're seeing is called a short code and that particular one is assigned to Visa. Whenever you receive a notification text from Visa about your card it will show on your text log as being from that short code/number.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JustinGiersz, 

This is a mystery to us, as well. Are you using the text messaging feature on your phone? Did you download a text messaging application to your phone? 

-Lasina 

0 Likes