Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Is Verizon Really Supporting Us During Covid19
waikikigreg

Hi All,

My bill is deducted from my checking account every month. Today I called Verizon and asked them if they could bill my credit card monthly instead pf out of my checking account. They told me, I could but they would have to charge me monthly fee of $10.00??? I understand that milage and cash back cards charge up to 2.5% to any retailer when customers use they're cards. With that said I changed my auto policy from being debited out of my checking to a credit card and they are charging me only $4.00 per month to do so. Verizon is running all these Coronavirus ads on TV telling us that they are here to support us. But when it comes down to it, they really only care about their bottom line. They should be lucky that people like me even have a credit card to pay my monthly bill and charge it customer a modest service fee to customers like me!   

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

More likely that is the difference of the normal service charges and the price you were paying if you have the autopay and paperless billing discount applied. The discount is $10 per month. By switching from your checking account to a credit card, you no longer qualify for the discount therefore the added $10 charge. If you don't believe, check your previous bill. 

Also this question should have been posted in the My Verizon section of the community forum and not in the Suggestions section which is intended for topics related to questions how to use the forum or improvements to the forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Boeing_737

I don’t understand the logic (during the Covid19 crisis). They are waiving the fees for those customers not paying at all, not disconnecting for non payment, BUT won’t waive the autopay fee for a month or two while we sort the crisis out?  Some customers may be able to pay ontime with their credit cards while guarding their cash for a potential layoff or furlough.   
I will think that waiving those fees for a month or two will actually increase the amount of payments they are probably getting right now.

0 Likes