Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Re: My new device was stolen during shipment? What should I do?
Lisa105

Same happened to me today except it was UPS.  The box looked closed.  I opened it and my accessories were there but iphone was missing from its box. The seal packing was removed and left in the box. Upon further investigation, I noticed the box had been opened from the bottom.  The tape was brown except on the bottom where someone replaced it with clear tape.  Also, I went online and tracked my package. There was a signature required and the driver never rang the doorbell or asked.  He signed it himself.  But used wrong first initials.  Luckily I have a unique signature.  Shouldn't be too hard to prove I didn’t sign it.  I hope Verizon can get involved with these situations.  It’s just the right thing to do.  Following up to be certain your customer has received their merchandise.  If they don’t, I will end my service with them for sure.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

I would start with making a claim through UPS. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lisa105, 

We agree. We would recommend making a claim with UPS. Once you have that claim made, please let us know the resolution. We also want to make sure everything is correct on our end. Did you get a replacement phone? Did you contact us at all?

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
Nakamun711

This happened to me and UPS kept

closing the claim and not doing anything about it.  Verizon is just as bad. They are charging me for a phone I don’t even have. The agents give you the runaround.

I’m leaving Verizon ASAP. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there! This is a very unfortunate event. I'm here to help. There are some steps we can take, please send us a Private Message. We're standing by. - VCarter_VZW

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Didn't UPS investigate? 

"closing the claim and not doing anything about it.  Verizon is just as bad. They are charging me for a phone I don’t even have. The agents give you the runaround.

I’m leaving Verizon ASAP"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no - this is not good news! Were you able to file a claim with UPS yet?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Asimps22

Same exact thing just happened to my mom- it’s been a headache all day. What ended up happening with your situation? Did Verizon block the IMEI number? UPS tracking said signature was required, she was home when it was delivered but they just rang the doorbell and left. She opened the box and found not her new phone but baseball cards and sandals?!! Called Verizon and they tell her “that’s not possible we don’t have those items in our warehouse.” Thanks for the clarification, I think we are all aware of that... she filed a claim with UPS and they are “investigating” as well. After hours of being on the phone, Verizon said they wouldn’t send her a new phone or address the issue until they investigated further. The representative on the phone also told my mom that “the new iPhone couldn’t be activated but if she got a notification for activation on her current (old) iPhone to not accept it...”??? This doesn’t make any sense. Looking for some answers since it seems you have gone through this headache. Verizon, your help would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate the insights. Based on the information provided, we need to wait until resolution from UPS. Please keep us posted. 

0 Likes
signa1993

I just had this same issue today with two new iPhone 13 pros!! I placed an order with the promotion previously running for device trade-ins and was trying to trade in two iPhone 11's for the new 13 pros. The package finally arrived from being on backorder for weeks, only for the bottom of the package to be previously opened and resealed. I only noticed the tampering after I opened the package myself and noticed the phone boxes seals were also broken and both phones were gone. I filed a claim through Verizon and UPS, really hoping this gets resolved and I am not found liable! 

0 Likes