Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Number Nicknames
pembertonstacy

Why can't we no longer assign nicknames to our call log?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is a nice feature to have on My Verizon.

Due to the recent platform change, we have been experiencing the issue where customers can't save, edit, or add device nicknames. The expected time frame of resolution is the following: 

06/29- Saved nicknames and call details will be restored. 

07/07- Nickname add and edit functionality will be restored. 

KevinR_VZW

pembertonstacy

We are not referring to naming our devices.  Its adding nicknames to our actual call log.  We have lost multiple work contacts/info.

reallypeeved

This option is back, logging into my online account as at 3rd July, 2020 after thousands of complaints from users.   Thank you VERIZON, you rock !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

"We will, we will rock you!", are the lyrics of a famous song that we sing to you with happiness. We are glad the number nicknames are back. Rest assure we got your back when it comes to hearing and resolving all your concerns.

We want to take this moment to promote our My Verizon application: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/my-verizon-mobile/. It is the quick, easy and convenient way to monitor and manage your account. Anything, from device updates to plan / feature changes to usage / invoice / payment details, is available in the palm of your hand.

We are always here for you. Have a great day and stay safe.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
stlthmc

So how to we access this functionality now that it is back?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No worries! My family uses nick names on our account too. To initiate the process, please visit our website at http://spr.ly/6601JIyxl.

Once you've accessed the site, scroll down to "Manage your device nickname(s) and review the info provided at #1, #2, and #3. We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes