Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Online chat scam
karankay85

I too just had this happen to me! I was online seeing what kind of upgrade / trade in promotions that was going on, and read all the black and white print. I was told my iphone 7 is eligible for a trade in for $200.00 as long as it is functional and not messed up. Understandable! The chat agent said this promotion is going on until April 1, 2020, so no rush. I wanted to take my phone into a store rather than having to send it through the mail and go through a waiting process. These new phones aren't cheap so before I go committing to buying a $1000 phone I wanted to make sure I got the most for my trade in. Well I went into a corporate store and told the sales agent about the promotion I was told I was eligible for. She said, "well we don't have that promotion going on anymore, that was last months promo and they would never give you 200.00 for an iphone 7... only 70.00". I told her how I just literally was chatting with an agent online and they said I could go into a store and they would honor this deal. He even gave me the chat id number to reference. Oh and I even had screen shots of this on my phone that she wouldn't even take the time to look at. She pulled up my account and quickly scrolled through a page on her tablet and said she didn't see that I spoke to anyone recently, and that's why she doesn't like having people use the chat feature. I told her but I have the ID he gave me  and a picture to prove it; can't you look it up?  She said no I have to go off of what I see. Okay so know Im trying to figure out who to believe. So if I can't trust and use the features that are offered by the company then maybe I shouldn't be trusting them to take my monthly payment that's over 200.00. I have been a loyal customer for years, honestly more than a decade and this type of service is unacceptable when there are plenty other cellular companies sharing all the same network towers and upholding their promotions. 

0 Likes