Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Re: authorization code required every login
Kmprobst18

Every time I want to pay my bill, I attemp to sign in, then get a message that my husband has to grant me permission by either answering a text to him, or getting a code via email. WHY? Two factor authentication is NOT turned on. I am an account manager so I do not understand why I can not sign in without permission on a Verizon phone, Verizon phone number, and I’m an account manager. What on earth?! 

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Are you signing into the account using the phone number or the username for the account? Are you accessing the account owner's line or your line? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your reply! When the Account Owner signs in, do they see that Two Factor Authentication is turned off as well? Keep us posted.

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
Fitolya1

I need help with the same issue how I fixed this please someone can help

da247

I am here because I have the same issue, but searching shows thread after thread over the last year and customer service seems completely useless.  None of the threads indicate any resolution at all.

Why can I only grant one-time access with your two-factor?

Why am I being prompted for two-factor when my settings say it isn't even on?

Your tech is sub-par if you can't even get this right.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Da247, keeping your account safe and secure is absolutely something that we take seriously. Two Factor Authentication is optional. Should you wish to have this turned off, please sign in to My Verizon, hover over Account, select Two Factor Authentication, tap Disable next to each number on the account that you wish to disable this security for and then select Save Changes. I trust this is beneficial. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
DMathews1
Novice

da247-

It sounds like you already turned-off the 2-factor sign-in;  if so, you should not be required to enter 2 items to login.  Customer support should be able to ensure that is turned off on their end as well.

If the "primary user" assigns the role of "manager" to another family member, they can do/see everything you see, and of course make payments too.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
saralynrichardson

Hi there,

I definitely have two-factor turned off and yet I'm required to enter an authorization code every time.

I suspect this has to do with using the new Safari browser which has increased security protections and blocks many trackers. I'm thinking the method Verizon is using to remember that this is an authorized browser is not working with Safari's new security restrictions.

I would hope Verizon would update their website in order to comply with Safari's (and other browsers are increasing security as well) new measures.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Safety measures added to protect your account and personal information, is not intended to inconvenience our customers in any way. I apologize. Just to be sure we're on the right path to assist you here, are you referring to accessing your My Verizon account or something else? I'm an Apple device user too and I've recently reviewed documentation about Safari's Privacy overview, which you can review at http://spr.ly/6603HRRmh. Please let us know if this helps you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
rskorecki

Just to keep this alive until resolution.... I am asked for an authentication code very time I login to the Verizon site.  Every time.  I have Two Factor Authentication disabled.  I have re-enabled it, waited several hours, and then disabled it.....and still I am asked for an authentication code every time.  I have done this re-enable/disable process over and over as each tech rep has asked me to do....yet I am still asked for an authentication every time.  I can confirm 100%, my Two Factor Authentication button is set to "Disable"....yet still...I am asked for the authentication code.  I can log out...wait 30 seconds....try to log back in...and I am asked for another code. 

Please.....someone at Verizon...can you help us?  Why does the settings page give us the option to disable Two Factor Authentication, if the system will not actually disable this "feature." 

Thanks very much.