Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reactivating suspended account
CJBV88

I have been a Verizon customer for 6 years. I received orders overseas for four years and requested that my account be suspended - this worked out great as I got to keep my number saved for when I eventually came home.

The first sign of trouble was in January, when I got an e-mail randomly telling me that a cheque had been issued due to a credit on my account to my US address. I never got the cheque, but more importantly I couldn't get a hold of Big Red Support. I couldn't log into the account as it was disconnected, which meant I couldn't use the chat support either, and although it was difficult calling support due to the time difference, when I did manage to call I was automatically hung up on for not having an active number.

When I returned home I still couldn't login, so I went to my local Verizon store. They found my details quickly enough, which gave me some hope, but I received various answers that it gets deleted after three years, three years and 6 months, 9 months, "it's all gone", etc. I hope that this isn't the case, as it will be a nightmare to update my number on everything after four years away. I don't really want a new number either, or the hit to my credit score from Verizon's check, but if that's what ends up happening then that's pretty poor form Verizon 😞

0 Likes
Re: Reactivating suspended account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, goodness! We want to make sure we're doing all we can to reactivate your service! Please, send us a Private Note, so we can assist you!

*Chance

0 Likes