Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Rebate Invalidated
Paulw0611

I recently went on apples website to look at iPads. There I saw a promotion BYOD. The promotion was buy an iPad from an apple location and activate a new line with Verizon and receive a $200 gift card. So I bought the iPad online and picked it up at apple. Drove to the Verizon store located by and activated a new line with an unlimited data plan. I said to the person helping that I am doing this to get the rebate. I was informed I would be eligible. After this I checked my notifications on the my Verizon app because that is where the person in the store told me it would be. It was not there. I then called the rebate center and I was walked through processing the rebate. Today I received and email that my rebate could not be validated because I activated the device in a store and not online. No where did it say online only. Apples promo ad does not state it and neither the person in store who helped or the person I spoke with from the rebate stated this either. The entire time I was assured I was eligible. Now my rebate is invalid and I am told that nothing can done about it. So because I activate the device in an actual Verizon Wireless store I am not entitled to a rebate. That is ridiculous. This is a wrong!!!

0 Likes
Re: Rebate Invalidated
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to get every promotion you qualify for. We'd like to go through this and see exactly what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
beccalinda

@vzw_customer_support I am having a similar issue with my Apple Watch Series 7. I got no notification for the $100 rebate (though the person at the store told me I would get it), and I am getting nowhere with customer service. It was a new line on my account, activated in store on the watch I purchased directly from Apple. When I called customer service, I was told I'd get a call back within 24 hours, but it's been 4 days with no call. I just tried chat, and they told me to call customer service again. I tried calling sales, and they direct me to customer service (if I don't get hung up on). I'm getting run around in circles. Can you please help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

beccalinda, allow me to start by apologizing that you are having to go through all of this. We always want for you to get the promotion you deserve. In order to redeem your $100 rebate offer, you will need to go through the rebate site: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ and use code: APPLE100 This must be done within 30 days of activating the device. 

-Christine

0 Likes
Paulw0611

I have spoken to multiple people at customer service and the rebate center have got nowhere. I posted what happened and received a response to send a private message to customer service. I did that and still haven’t heard back. I don’t see why I am being told my rebate is invalid and the previous response to another customers issue was activate your rebate. Will her rebate come back valid when the device was activated in store and not online. If that is the case why is my rebate invalid. 

beccalinda I have a feeling you are going to be told the same thing I was. Your rebate is invalid. I was told since I was deemed not eligible nothing can be done because my rebate was already activated. I don’t want to go through what I am. Get conformation you are eligible before activating your rebate. 

Regards,

Paul. 

0 Likes
Paulw0611

I have still heard nothing regarding this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure we have all the details to fully assist you.  A private message has been sent to you so we can get this Rebate issue resolved together.  -Sean

0 Likes
NR22

I was just reading through thread as I had a similar issue with an iPad purchased on Apple website and I did not know I could not get the rebate when I had a Verizon store rep add to my account.  I needed to go to the store to deal with my husbands galaxy watch not making phone calls and happened to have the new iPad.  They said they could put it on my account. I asked about the $200 promo which they noted they did not know about.  I showed them on the apple website. The Verizon rep said after set up to look in email to complete application as noted on the apple website. 

So after NOT RECEIVING an email for the promotion I reached out to apple and they told me about the “fine” print not to activate at the store.  I would have easily activated at home had I known as I only happen to be in the store because of the watch issue that Verizon was charging my account but not working due to an issue they needed to fix.

I happen to come on 2 weeks after now to look at my account and decided to file a customer complaint when I saw this thread.

please advise as I am now looking at leaving Verizon.

please advise.  

NR

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, NR22. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. Reviewing the details of the promotion, it is a digital exclusive. Because of that, it can only be validated if you activate online in order to receive the gift card. We are not able to bypass the eligibility for the transactions. ~Pamela

0 Likes
brittanycc

@vzw_customer_support  I am having the same issue with my Apple Watch Series 7. I used the APPLE100 promo code, activated at home, and have a new line, and yet was rejected (seems to be the norm and is misleading). Can you please make this right?

0 Likes