Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebate Runaround
VZN-1449

I see a lot of posts about feeling mistreated about these rebates. My personal experience is that I signed up with Verizon from AT&T and opted not to trade-in my iphone 11 because it was fine and the 13 wasn't out yet.  Three weeks after switching and submitting for the $350 rebate in lieu of a trade in my toddler dropped my phone and SHATTERED my screen. My phone wasn't usable.  It was going to be $200 to get it fixed at UBREAKIFIX and Verizon was promoting the trade-in any phone and upgrade to the 13. I brought my broken phone to the local Verizon and discussed about changing out my phone and upgrading the line to 5G in order to do that (my monthly bill was going to be higher and with additional one time fees).  I walked out of there with the new 13 and had a usable phone again.  A few days later I got the email about "invalid rebate" and I called Verizon.  After an hour wait and transferring I was told that b/c I didn't have the same phone as when I signed up to Verizon I was ineligible for the rebate now - that I needed to keep the phone for 45 days. I was unaware of the DEVICE issue, just that the line needed to stay activated (obviously).  I have tried calling a few times and it's useless- long wait times, disconnections etc. My husband wants to cancel. THis is such a terrible indication of a company's values! Please contact me.

0 Likes
Re: Rebate Runaround
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is for you to receive the promotions you qualify for. For our bring your own device rebate promotion, it does require you to keep the device associated with the promotion active for $45 days. This is outlined directly on our website for the terms of this offer. Please see this promotion page here: https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/ . You will find a full outline of the terms listed under 'See the details'. If you have any questions, please let us know.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes