Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebate issue- SWITCH22
bumblebee1975

Before I switched from t-mobile to Verizon, I read the promotion conditions (SWITCH22) very carefully to make sure I met all the qualification requirements and I’m 100% sure I was qualified. After I ported in the number, I thought I’ve already transferred to Verizon so that it should be ok to pick a new phone number, and I did it. (This action could cost $1000.)
When I submitted the rebate, they kept saying my rebate was invalid because the number I ported in was no longer active or the new number does not match the number on the T-mobile final bill. I talked to many representatives saying even though I changed my phone number, the device and the phone line is still active. They all understood my situation and said they could be able to help. Some of them said they’ll escalate the case and send me email confirmation, but I never received one. Some of them asked me to resubmit the rebate with modifications of the phone number and final bill, but I got invalid results again and again after the re-submission. Basically nothing changed after over a month.

No promotional condition says I couldn’t change a phone number after I ported in the old number. Even though the rebate system is all computerized, there should be human who can handle issues like this. How is it possible that someone cannot pick a new phone number after ported-in? It’s like you cannot change your name after you were born. So ridiculous.
This promotion is the main reason I switched to Verizon. Now I get nothing but a bigger bill than T-mobile. If this whole rebate program is a word game that didn’t mean to be real, I’ll for sure switch all my family plans out of Verizon. I hope some real person can make the judgment and solve the problems for me, not just kicking the ball back and forth without really solving the problems.

Re: Rebate issue- SWITCH22
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to get any promotion you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.  *Melissa

0 Likes
JPack0604

I am having the same issue except I didn't change my number. They still won't fix the rebate and every time I call the date gets pushed back further and further. I have a unpaid bill with TMobile that needs paid and I can't do so until Verizon does what they are supposed to do. I am highly disappointed with Verizon and would have never switched had I known this was going to happen. This is poor buisness on Verizon's part!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, JPack0604. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available promotions. We want to get a second opinion on this situation. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together.

-Gerson

0 Likes
TeamZissou9

We are having the exact same issue. We have resubmitted our final bill 4 or 5 times now, and every time it says "invalid". We can't connect with anyone directly to address this issue since it seems everything is done via computer program or algorithm. At one point, a representative on chat said we needed to contact Sprint and ask them to release our old numbers (which we did), but that didn't seem to solve anything. So now it's the endless game of submitting and resubmitting the same bill over and over again with no resolution. It's starting to seem like (in my opinion) Verizon entices people to switch with various rebates and then hides those rebates or makes them as difficult to obtain as possible in order to gain new customers and save money. It's all extremely frustrating and we will be switching our family plan away in the next month if this isn't resolved. #Switch22Rebate

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good day! I for one am pleased you joined our Network and would like to ensure you get the rebates and promotions you're eligible for. Please reply with a Private Message if you need additional assistance. 

-Carter

0 Likes
TeamZissou9

I've resubmitted our final bill from Sprint. So I'm guessing we will need additional support, but who knows. Maybe we'll get lucky this time 🙂

0 Likes