Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebate obfuscation
Yicadie

Purchased new service 5/16/22, asked about rebate that day.  Was told I’d get a link with a pin.  Followed up for next four weeks, received pin and registered on 6/10/22.  Received tracking number on 6/12/22.  Checked tracking number and received error saying that I was out of promotional period.  Called customer service, and they agreed there was an error, but they will take care of it.  Lies, and components of an intentionally unpleasant design.  There’s a saying in Tennessee….

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Rebate obfuscation
Yicadie

Uh, that link is dead!  If anyone is following this, Verizon has still not granted me my rebate, and everything these people are saying in response can be classified as incorrect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I definitely know how important rebates are and I'd be happy to assist you! I'll just need access to your account, how does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes
Yicadie

It sounds like more lies from the wolf.  Of the five support agents that wasted my time, they all claimed this would be taken care of.  You’re the sixth, and you’re also lying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yicadlie, we are sorry to hear that there has neen an issue with your rebate submission. Which specific rebate had you submitted for? What is your current calling plan? -Loren

0 Likes
Yicadie

I was baited by the $500 BYOD advertisement.  I follow law, therefore I read the terms and conditions thoroughly before initiating the purchase.  I’m certain that I have a legal remedy for my loss.  I would be interested if others have a similar loss, I may be able to assist you better than VZW in recovery.  My purchase date was 5/16/22, my registration date for the rebate was 6/6/22.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Yicadie, We are concerned that you did not get your rebate.  It should never feel like bait and switch but should be clear.  You are always able to track your statues of a rebate here- https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/

Please DM us for a review. 

- Jose

0 Likes
Yicadie

Uh, that link is dead!  If anyone is following this, Verizon has still not granted me my rebate, and everything these people are saying in response can be classified as incorrect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

When we click that link it goes to our status page. What exactly do you see when you click that link?

-Christopher

0 Likes