Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebate scam
Weirobkids

Be aware customers! Please DO NOT trust anyone in this company. They will tell you that you will get $$ rebate if you switch to them. Most likely you will NOT! We were told that we will receive $800 rebate 2nd month after we switch. It DID NOT happen. We called multiple times and each time the customer service told us that we should get it within 7-10 business days. So far, after over two months’ trying, Never happened!!! We are sicking tired of this company. Never knew Verizon really went down hills now.  Not a trustworthy company anymore!!!

Tags (1)
Re: Rebate scam
Tigerstep

Rebates require you to submit on your end, they don't happen automatically. Your service is expected to be active within a specific time frame and then you get things like Verizon gift cards roughly 6 - 8 weeks in.

Most people who failed to get rebates do so because they expected things to happen automatically.

0 Likes
Weirobkids

Yes, We are aware of that.  Please check your records, if Verizon even has any (on our second and third calls about this, we were informed by the agents that there were no records from any previous calls). THREE times customer services told us we should receive an email from Verizon regarding the rebates.  Never received anything except for junk email from Verizon.  I even checked my spam every day. 
YOUR customer service people assured us each time that this would be taken care of, resolved within no more than a week and we’d receive the email with the rebates….and each time nothing! Does the word of the people working for you, representing your company, mean nothing?  Don’t take my word for the lack of integrity around your promises for rebates—all you have to do is read most of the other postings on this site.  

Ann154
Expert
Expert

This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. The person who replied earlier is another customer like yourself and not an employee of Verizon Wireless. They can't access your records. Even the actual VZW employees who roam the community for issues that can't be discussed in the public community, can't access your account until they reach out to you privately to get permission to access your account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, Weirobkids. We are happy to see that you've joined us and our apologies for the delays with your rebate. To confirm, was the $800 rebate supposed to have been issued via gift cards? If so, did you apply for the rebate and receive a tracking number? You may use the following page to enter your tracking number and receive a status update on your rebate: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/check-my-status Let us know your findings.

0 Likes
Re: Rebate
Jpilkey

wrote:

Be aware customers! Please DO NOT trust anyone in this company. They will tell you that you will get $$ rebate if you switch to them. Most likely you will NOT! We were told that we will receive $800 rebate 2nd month after we switch. It DID NOT happen. We called multiple times and each time the customer service told us that we should get it within 7-10 business days. So far, after over two months’ trying, Never happened!!! We are sicking tired of this company. Never knew Verizon really went down hills now.  Not a trustworthy company anymore!!!

I’ve called Verizon 9 times and spent hours working with different agents. I got as far as a call with rebate department and the 1st level analyst agreeing that an error had been made on Verizon’s part. They agreed to fill out an exception form but it was never completed. I’ve gotten this far twice with analysts and both times they sounded like they were going to fix the mistake but something stopped them both times. It’s only $300, a nice dinner or maybe a night at a hotel but It’s the principal of the matter. I will keep calling, when I’m not busy, just to keep wasting their time until somebody does something. I’ve been nice, rude, I’ve tried everything I can think of but nothing can get you past a broken IT process, or an internal policy that rewards not paying out, or whatever it is. 

Tags (1)
Re: Rebate sham
Jentxmc

Same thing is happening to me. Tenth time calling. Sent my final bill plus Verizon ported my number. Still nothing. They keep returning it saying they can’t read the bill. It’s a pdf. You can read the bill plus you know I switched because you ported my number. It’s a sham to get people to switch. You will never get the rebate.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is never how we want you to feel, we are so happy that you have joined us. As a consumer myself, I expect promotions to be as expected. I have sent you a private message to continue. -Rosie

0 Likes
Norman4258

This is exactly what’s happening to me. I’ve talked to Customer Service representatives who have given me wrong numbers within Verizon. I’ve been given links to fill out which do not work. I have been told that I submitted everything correctly, and the mistake was on Verizon‘s end, and that the rebate would be re-processed, but nothing has happened. I am so thoroughly fed up with them that I am going to go back to my prior wireless company. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is not the type of experience we want you to have with us and understand your concern on the rebate. Allow us to take a closer look at this matter, please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes