Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Received a letter
Tapeball

I received a letter in the mail from Verizon saying that I was sold a device that  should have been new, but was actually used or refurbished. It’s tells me I’m eligible for a $200 credit. It tells me to go to a link or call. The link only takes me to the main page even after sign in. I tried calling as well. The representative had no idea what I was talking about, and couldn’t see it on my account. The letter had the last 4 of the phone number. It’s one of the watches on my account. I’m frustrated that I paid full price for a used device. Has anyone run into this? How do I get my credit? 

Re: Received a letter
9wood

Just my opinion but if you got a used or refurbished device that was sold or expected to be new it would be fraud in my opinion I would be asking them what happened

Craigclan

Same. Verizon applied credit after I called them. But when I mentioned I was unhappy with only 100 dollars they told me they didn't see any notice of a letter being sent to me, and that if I wanted further compensation I needed to call the retailer where I purchased phone. I did that, manager had no clue what I was talking about and needs to call higher up. Currently waiting on call back. 

Very disturbing that Verizon has no record of this mailed letter. And of course I threw mine out by accident. 

So, that's where I'm at. Mad that I was fraudulently sold something at full price new that was not. 

0 Likes
Craigclan

I did find this helpful 

It tells you if your phone is new, or refurbished. 

Just checked mine. 

Screenshot_20210211-091739_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes