Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remove Line - Why so hard?
bradfot

Why has Verizon made removing a line from an account so difficult?  I have three suspended devices and want to remove those lines which as costing me an additional $30 a month.  It should and would most convenient to have that capability on the device category, under manage my devices but it isn't.  After searching the MyVerizon appp with no success, I tried the chat and it was offliine.  I then called customer service and have now been on hold for over 30 minutes listening to garbage music waiting for service.  They are purposely making this difficult and I intend to file a complaint with the FTC and the State of Ohio Attorney's office.  This is terrible customer service.  When the bill is due, they are all over a customer but when the customer needs assistance, except for upgrading, good luck finding help.

Re: Remove Line - Why so hard?
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you try the following number?

To cancel service or remove a line permanently: Call Customer Service at (800) 392-0717, (Mon – Fri, 7 AM - 9 PM, Sat – Sun, 8 AM – 9 PM local time).

From  Suspend Service FAQs 

0 Likes
nj23nut

I totally agree.  It's easier to pull the teeth out of a shark than it is to get Verizon to remove a device from your plan.  I've called them THREE times to remove a tablet from my data plan, each time assured that it would be removed.  I've now had TWO bills since then still showing the $10 access fee for a device I never use. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to make sure your concerns are addressed, and we definitely apologize for any inconvenience. To assist further, I will send you a Private Note.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes