Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Removing line from my account
Court0826

My husband filed for divorce and I want his number off my account. I am the original account holder and added his number when we got married. I would like to keep my account and make him get his own. He would want to keep his current number. Both of our phones are paid off and we aren’t in a contract. 
I read through the transfer number thread and still have questions. Do we have to go to a Verizon location together in order to do this? How will it effect my bill? I want to upgrade my phone and get an unlimited plan asap, can I do this prior to removing him from the account?

Thanks so much! 

0 Likes
Re: Removing line from my account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Court0826. We certainly can assist with any questions that you have on transferring a phone number from your account and onto another account. Below is a link you can click on to view many frequently asked questions on how transferring a line of service on your account can be transferred to another account. A Verizon Wireless store location would be able to assist you with this order this can also be done online. You also would be able to upgrade your line of service to a new device and change your plan to an unlimited plan prior to the transfer of the line of service. https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-your-service/

-Brett

0 Likes