Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Require Enhanced Authentication is "OFF" but still asks me for a code
lichtenb

How can I disable this?  What a pain

0 Likes
Re: Require Enhanced Authentication is "OFF" but still asks me for a code
jenniferlynn329

I'm having same problem.  Code keeps going to main cell phone (which isn't mine), and even though I have since verified the gmail account, and even gone as far as to purposely ACTIVATE (ON) the Enh Auth feature, and then DEACTIVATE (OFF) it too, when I go to sign into verizonwireless.com the next time, it stillllllllllllll keeps asking me for the text mesage six digit code.  GAH!!!!  Verizon, please fix this!!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This additional security protocol is in place as an added level of security and you will be prompted at times to authenticate via the code. This is to ensure the safety and security of our customers' accounts and prevent fraudulent activity.

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
rskorecki

Hi Joshua, thanks for the reply.  This is several months old...but in case you still read these...can you explain why we are given the option to turn this function off?  If the system is still going to ask us to enter a code sent to us, regardless of whether we turn "Enhanced Authentication" off or on, then what is the point in allowing us to turn this feature "off?"

Thanks for any info. 

-ryan

0 Likes