Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Restocking Charge on Warranty exchange?
Overcharged3

Is it Verizon's policy to charge a $50 restocking fee for a defective phone right out of the box.

I ordered a refurbed Note 8. When it arrived it would not recognize the SIM (any sim). I was sent another phone. 

After the return of the defective phone my account was charged a $50 restocking fee.

More Verizon profit enhancement for junk you are are sending out?

0 Likes
Re: Restocking Charge on Warranty exchange?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can certainly understand your concern with this charge, Overcharged3. I have sent you a Private Note to best assist. -Nikki

0 Likes
Overcharged3

Not yet.

I appears as though no real thought was given to billing a warranty return as a normal return or Verizon just does it to everyone, on auto pay, with the hope that customers won't check their bill.

A new corrupt profit center?

0 Likes
Overcharged3

I also notice other shenanigans that Verzion has performed on my account.

I signed up and am still on auto pay but am not getting the advertised discount.

Where did you folks make it go.

From your website.

When you use Auto Pay and paper-free billing to pay your bill, you can get a $10/month discount for each line that has 1 of these plans:

You can get a $5/month discount for each line that has 1 of these plans:

I have also been changed to "5G start". Not something I signed up for.  No 5G in my area, probably never will be. I also don't have  5G phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Yes, it is a policy. See the link below.

https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry to learn about any confusion with your warranty exchange. I know it's important to be billed properly, and I can help. Because I will need to access the account, I will also send you a Private Note. 

-Jordan

0 Likes
Overcharged3

Ok, So I see a response in the thread that it is correct for Verizon to charge a $50 fee for the return of a defective phone they sent out.

Wow!  Charging to send out junk!

0 Likes