Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning defective phone timetable
Kimmie1410

I have to exchange phones due to defective sd card reader. The guy at the store said I had 14 days, so I didn't open the box immediately when it arrived Tuesday. I opened it today to swap out my phones, and I side, it says I have 5 days, or I'll be charmed $500??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Returning defective phone timetable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the information that was provided when returning a phone to us. I'd like to clarify the process for you.

If you do not return defective or Emergency Stock device within 5 days you will be charged full retail price of the Certified Like New Replacement device, which may exceed $500.

If you get it to us later than the 5 days and in the event you are charged,  you have 90 days to get it back to us to get the full credit. No credits are issued after 90 days.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Post mark must be within 5 days.

Kimmie1410

Business or standard? Day 5 would have been Sunday, and I am mailing it Monday.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

14 days is usually the return period offered.  5 days, I believe, is business.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the information that was provided when returning a phone to us. I'd like to clarify the process for you.

If you do not return defective or Emergency Stock device within 5 days you will be charged full retail price of the Certified Like New Replacement device, which may exceed $500.

If you get it to us later than the 5 days and in the event you are charged,  you have 90 days to get it back to us to get the full credit. No credits are issued after 90 days.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

So, after 5 days, the customer is charged, but then, if within 85 days later, the charges can be reversed? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'll be happy to clarify Snn5. Yes, if a customer is charged for not returning a device within the 5 days but then returns within 90 calendar days from the date of order, credit will be applied. Devices returned after the 90 days will not receive a credit for the non-returned device. Also, if the device returned with any physical or water damage, a damaged device fee of 200+ will apply.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

HB33

When you say 5 days to get it back to you do you mean postmarked within the 5 day period? If not, it is near impossible to meet this requirement when I didn't receive my phone until Friday 4:00, spent Sat. Transferring data. On Sat. evening, read the slip so rushed to fed ex before they closed because it said fed ex on the box, but when he tried to scan he realized it's a UPS ground label & they are closed by now & closed on Sunday. So now it won't go until Monday, & if it's ground it's not going to make it? Please tell me it goes by the postmark and not by the actual physical receiving day, and are those business days only for the 5 day count?  Might have a very slim chance in that case, unless you count the day I received the phone which wasn't really a day since I got the phone when they day was pretty much over.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes