Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ripped Off
bohorn

Definitely contact FTC. My wife and I began service with Verizon on Nov. 21, 2021. We were told we needed to pay our first bill of $267.20. We paid the bill on Dec. 24, 2021. After which we received a bill for $475.18 for the billing period of Nov. 21 - Dec. 21, 2021. We inquired regarding the bill we had already paid and were told that the $267.20 was for our October billing cycle, which was Oct. 21 - Nov. 20, 2021. We did not have service with Verizon until Nov. 21, 2021. They are YET holding our monies and will not refund us. Although, I have an acknowledgment of their error and a promise for the monies to be refunded, on a recorded call. On the recorded call Daijia told us that we would receive the $267.20, as well as $85 in over-charges. Viewing the Verizon Community website customer complaints, charging customers for billing cycles PRIOR to their service with Verizon, seems to be a common practice. 

Re: Ripped Off
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Something is missing from your story. If you started service on Nov 21 and the bill cycle is listed as Nov 21 to Dec 21, why did pay the bill on Dec 24? If the billing cycle truly ends on Dec 21st, then the bill would have been due 8 days prior on Dec 13th.

The first bill will say it is for billing cycle Oct 22 to Nov 21 with partial charges for Nov 21 and a full months worth of service charges for Nov 22 to Dec 21 and the bill due date of Dec 13th. The second bill lists the billing cycle of Nov 22 to Dec 21 and will have the previous charges rolled over if not paid by the previous due date, late fees if possible, and the monthly service charges for billing cycle Dec 22 to Jan 21. All of which would be due Jan 13th.

If this isn't how the detailed bills are broken down online, please provide us with the actual billing cycle information without any personal information included. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Ripped Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

-Corey

0 Likes