Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Running out of Data, Why?
KARMAYS

If I have unlimited talk & text, what is using up all of my data? I am

tired of running out and being charged more. For the past several

months I have run out. I have a 4G plan. Prior to 2017 I was only

using 2 to 3 G. Cannot figure out what is using up the data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Running out of Data, Why?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Which phone model do you have? Have you looked at the data usage on the phone itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

KARMAYS,

I'm sorry for any confusion or inconvenience regarding your data usage. Let's figure out what's going on with your data usage. Do you notice a change in your usage patterns at all? If so, what is the change? Do you have any additional applications downloaded to your phone? There are many things that can cause this, especially if you have applications running in the background. This will cause your usage to increase. Does this help you think of what could be causing this to happen?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sicofverizon

Verizon is such a scam! I’m looking for a new provider. So sick of running out of data all time and constantly on WiFi. You have to turn off your cellular data under settings otherwise it will use data instead of WiFi. If you turn off cellular data your phone won’t work and you won’t get texts or phone calls off of WiFi. What kind of company blocks the use of WiFi until you pay more. It’s ridiculous! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be sad if you left the family. I am a consumer myself so understand how upsetting it can be to run out of data. You should not have to turn off cellular data. If you do turn off cellular data you should be able to receive phone calls and text. I would like to investigate this further for you. I have sent you a private note. AmberF_VZW