Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S22 ultra trade in...wrong shipping label?
Dazinek

Hello, I'm afraid Verizon sent me the wrong shipping label for my trade in. I ordered a s22 ultra. It showed up early, but I also received my trade in materials with it. I used the label and envelope they provided to ship back my s20 ultra. I shipped it three days ago, however when checking the status on my account it still shows I need to send my phone in by March 12th.

I also found where I can print the shipping label, which has a tracking number on it. When I type that tracking number into UPS it shows that label is just created.

I'm afraid Verizon sent me the wrong shipping label and I won't get the trade in promotion.. and basically lost my old phone.

In there anyone that can help?

#s22ultra #tradein

0 Likes
Re: S22 ultra trade in...wrong shipping label?
Kellrude

I am having the same exact issue! I received my S22 Ultra last Tuesday and mailed in my trade in the next day. Shipping was never updated on my account it says label created.

I figured out the label in the box has a different tracking number than the one online.

The online one which is what I am guess Verizon is using to display on my account says my label was made and not shipped.

The tracking on the one from my box says it was delivered yesterday but is not actually showing on my account.

So, you need to find the paper the shipping label was attached to for your actually tacking number. Would be amazing if they explained the whole 2 tacking numbers when you agree to a trade in or assign both to your account. 

Today I received a text push message and an email reminding me to send my phone in, but I already have it was delivered there yesterday. I am concerned by the fact that they do this. I am concerned because this seems like bad business practice. I tried calling twice about it today and feel like I am not being listened to and people need to know how this works. One person I talked to tried explaining how I could opt out of push messages not understanding my concern. 

I do know if they do not update my phone as received by this weekend, I will be going into my local store to return my new S22 Ultra and cancel my plan. It is not okay to make your customer feel unheard or anxious about losing money with your company. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how important it is for your trade in to run smoothly. You mentioned that the tracking number for your trade in shows that it was just received by our warehouse team yesterday. It can take 3-5 business days for that to be reflected within your account as the trade in does need to be checked into the system. Our warehouse does receive numerous amounts of returned or traded in devices and they just need that extra time to get it taken care of for you.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Kellrude

Thank you! I asked that a couple times to the person on the phone this evening and they had no answer for me on how long it would take or the process.

I want to recommend that Verizon take a look at how the trade in by mail is viewed as a customer. They should maybe make it possible for us to add the shipping label from the box to our account so we can see the process and not fret, so everyone has less headaches and less stress. I thought the label in the box was the same as the one online it makes no sense that there are 2 tracking numbers! It is confusing and kind of shady for a business to do so. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Dazinek! I am here for support and happy to help ensure your trade in inquiries are resolved ASAP. Let's get more information to better assist. Please send us a Private Note to get started! 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Kellrude. We will forward your feedback to our leadership. For future reference, the return label that arrives in the new phones box is the return label for the new phone. Our trade in kits (Label and box), arrive a day or two later, but can also be reorders on our websites Trade In status page. If you need assistance with making sure a trade in promotion is not affected, please send us a Private Note. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Drengr

I'm also having this issue, granted mine hasn't been delivered yet but Verizon keeps sending me texts about it. I also used the return label in the box to return my old phone. How do I go about adjusting that so I get my trade in? 

0 Likes
Chesh

I experienced EXACT same issue.  I used the shipping label that was included in the box with my return kit.  When I saw the status had not changed, I clicked on the 'Print Shipping label" link, and realized they are separate tracking numbers.  I, fortunately kept the tracking number form the box I shipped, and it was received on 3/3, yet I also got the auto txt telling me to return my trade-in.

What is going on Verizon!  I've always had great service in the past, and this is concerning. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Drengr. We are very sorry to hear about any troubles that have come up regarding your trade-in. We are very happy to assist with making sure that this is resolved correctly. Please send us a private message so that we can assist further. 

-Brett

0 Likes