Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
SE $5/month more SCAM
chrisw22

This isn’t a question - new promo adding a SE for an additional $5/month is a scam. It turns out it’s really almost $40 more. Fees? Surcharge? Unbelievable. Don’t do it

Re: SE $5/month more SCAM
Doggo
Novice

One time activation fees exist for all carriers. Surcharges are there regardless if you are doing a payment plan or not.

Just because someone doesn't understand something does not make it a "scam".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, there! We always want you to get the deal you're after, and have a great understanding of your bill. Specifically, what extra charges are you seeing? Is the promotion showing up on your bill?

0 Likes
chrisw22

Yes fees are expected and activation fee is applied on the first bill. The reoccurring bill “new bill” is $40 more a month. Was specifically told my bill would be a specific amount at the retail store and it’s now $40 more. Has nothing to do with activation fee. Read thoroughly before stating someone doesn’t understand something. Bill was $195 now it’s $240 moving forward - not because of fees. With a promo stating only $5 more a month. Please explain how this would happen instead of questioning whether or not somebody “understands”. 

0 Likes
chrisw22

Verizon employee is assuming it’s the fine print 6% - 40% change in interest. So maybe I shouldn’t say scam just garbage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am a consumer myself so I get wanting to make sure that you are set the right expectations on your bill. I would love to help figure this out with you. I will send you a private message. -Amber

0 Likes