Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: SECOND TIME !!! Verizon changed my GO UNLIMITED plan WITHOUT my authorization
Alainah87

I would call retention to cancel and ask someone or collections

0 Likes
Re: SECOND TIME !!! Verizon changed my GO UNLIMITED plan WITHOUT my authorization
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@jmpmz 

um, I was sent a PM in regards to this problem of yours…. 🤦‍♀️

0 Likes
AKLlyr

Verizon has repeatedly changed my plan. They took away my hotspot, then told me the plan that they were giving me would be cheaper and if I wanted a hotspot, I could simply add it at $10 a month and then cancel it any month and then restart it any next month.  No problem.

Once again they've lied, I go to turn on my hotspot and pay the $10, since they took it away from me and I had it for years. And now I find I can't get the hotspot unless I join their 5G plan. None of the phones on our plan are 5G phones. For security reasons we can't have 5G phones. There's no reason I should have to join a 5G plan to get the hotspot for my non 5G phone.

0 Likes
AKLlyr

That lie about their unable to change the plan without the customers authorization, is complete garbage. Verizon repeatedly and continuously changes their plan and they've been sued for it, they've been fined for it, they are dishonest and disreputable.

It is time to start asking them why are they cheating people lying to them destroying people's lives costing them thousands of dollars, in unnecessary fees by bait and switch, by fraud that is perpetrated by Verizon.

There should consequences for the continued fraud, and harassment by the executives. It is only when they personally feel that there is consequences, that they will stop cheating and lying and stealing from their customers.

0 Likes
AKLlyr

To heck with private notes.  What's there at all publicly. In private, all the customer support does is lie, manipulate and commit fraud.

It's time the executives face consequences for their deliberate actions.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@AKLlyr wrote:

Verizon has repeatedly changed my plan. They took away my hotspot, then told me the plan that they were giving me would be cheaper and if I wanted a hotspot, I could simply add it at $10 a month and then cancel it any month and then restart it any next month.  No problem.

Once again they've lied, I go to turn on my hotspot and pay the $10, since they took it away from me and I had it for years. And now I find I can't get the hotspot unless I join their 5G plan. None of the phones on our plan are 5G phones. For security reasons we can't have 5G phones. There's no reason I should have to join a 5G plan to get the hotspot for my non 5G phone.

I think you don’t understand the plans.

Current Verizon plans have 5g access with a 5g sim and phone.  There is no additional charge for using 5G, having a 5G Sim card or having access to 5G service. It is simply one of the included services with the existing plans.  I assure you, millions of customers do not have a 5G phone, or a 5G Sim card and are using LTE.  (We have 5 phones, only 1 using a 5g sim)

It is not required that you have a 5G phone or a 5G SIM card to take advantage of the added benefit of having hotspot access On the higher tier plans.  But you do have to change your service plan to one of the current plans that includes hotspot access.   
    If you would read the included services, it explains everything.  

DanesAndLittles

M wife called Verizon to order a new phone and phone number only, because a hacker got into her phone and caused mayhem. As soon as she hung up the phone I got a message from Verizon that our plan changed. Only, we were on the same plan but just lost our $40 monthly 55+ loyalty discount. I immediately called Verizon back and said we only wanted a phone and no plan change. The rep said she took care of it and not to worry. Then we get the next bill, our rate increased because we lost the loyalty discount. I have since spoken to two more Verizon reps. One sees we still have the discount, but aren’t getting it in our bill, the other has filed a form request to get back our old ‘plan’ with our loyalty discount. If Verizon doesn’t come through on this , then this 20-year customer will find another carrier and sue them. Terrible the tricks they pull. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to be on the right plan for you. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes