Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Gusto2 Plan Being Discontinued as of 12-22-22
fredsparks2

I have a very simple question that I cannot seem to get a straight answer for regarding the old 3g plans.  If I purchase a new flip phone from the Verizon store (I see there are about 5 available), will I be able to keep my current basic plan of just depositing $5.00 + fees every month and will I be able to carry over any existing credit balance.  If this will not be the case, I am afraid I will have to start investigating other options. Thank you for any help!!! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Samsung Gusto2 Plan Being Discontinued as of 12-22-22
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

When you change your device, you will be prompted to upgrade your plan. Please review your options here: http://vz.to/2bFLFX8 . BrittanyC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

When you change your device, you will be prompted to upgrade your plan. Please review your options here: http://vz.to/2bFLFX8 . BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Doggo
Novice

Basic phone plans don't care if you have a 3G or 4G basic phone as long as it isn't a smart phone.

edit: At least not for the postpaid plans that are $25 for 700 mins or $30 for unlimited. 

0 Likes
fredsparks2

Thank you, BrittanyC, for your prompt reply.  So, if I understand your link correctly, if I a buy a new flip phone from you, the cheapest basic prepaid plan I can get after December 22 will be between 25.00 and 40.00.  That seems like such a waste of money when I usually don't even use my usual 5.00.  Verizon is not making it easy for older people who really don't need that much. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Look at Great call, which is the Jitterbug phone company, and runs on Verizon network.   
Or if AT&T works well, consumer cellular.  

0 Likes
fredsparks2

Thank you for all your suggestions.  I know I am going to have to do something else to stay within my budget.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You're welcome. You are correct about the basic phone plan. Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We completely understand and are here if you have any other concerns or questions to address. We are here to help if you have any other concerns to address. 

0 Likes