Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Says "free phone" for adding a line now is charging me $7.00 per month
TIMBEN60

Website sucks.  Not even an email address for customer support?  That is horrible service.  As a customer I do not want to have to hunt and click for an answer to my question. 

I have just upgraded my plan to add a 5th line.  The catch was "add a line, get a free phone" so I did.  Now my account is showing that I will get charged a monthly fee of $7.00 per month for getting a "free" phone.

This is unacceptable.

How do I fix since I cannot find "that topic" in any of your "help" drop down menus.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Says "free phone" for adding a line now is charging me $7.00 per month
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The phone was still "free" on contract but you will likely have a line access fee for 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to be sure you have a complete understanding of the charges on your bill. Let's look into this further. What device did you get on the new added line? What is the $7.00 charge labeled as on your bill?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
verobiqueen

I experience the same but even worse problem. I spoke to 2 Verizon representatives and on Black Friday I decided to go ahead and add a line since the 2 representatives told me the phone would be free. I received the phone and started looking through My Verizon for set up and realized they are charging me over $22 monthly fee for the phone. I chatted with a rep. for 2 hours. Spoke with 6 different representatives over a five hour period, they could not get a manager on the line. I decided to return the phone, this is unacceptable. I have been a Verizon customer for decades and I am looking for other service now. So disappointed in Verjzon!

0 Likes
verobiqueen

I experienced the same but even worse problem. I spoke to 2 Verizon representatives and on Black Friday I decided to go ahead and add a line since the 2 representatives told me the phone would be free. I received the phone and started looking through My Verizon for set up and realized they are charging me over $22 monthly fee for the phone. I chatted with a rep. for 2 hours. Spoke with 6 different representatives over a five hour period, they could not get a manager on the line. I decided to return the phone, this is unacceptable. I have been a Verizon customer for decades and I am looking for other service now. This was supposed to be a gift for my daughter's birthday that us next week and no i have to deal with this. So disappointed in Verjzon and their customer service!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes