Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scam/Phishing Text
kjdkelley33

I just received the following text: 

Good day! how are you doing today? This is Jimmy from Verizion Network Company. We are giving out $1500 to the user of our Verizion Service for this period of COVID-19 pandemic, Do you use Verizion wireless Network? If yes kindly text your number to this email ( [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] ) and received your $1500 ASAP

I'm assuming it's a scam so I didn't respond and I MOST DEFINITELY didn't click the email link. Just wanted to make y'all aware of another spam that's going around. 

How are these people able to present themselves as Verizon employees/representatives of Verizon when they are no such thing? Isn't what they are doing illegal? I would think a company such as Verizon would have an army of lawyers whose only job was to make sure these people are punished to the highest extent of the law?! 

0 Likes
Re: Scam/Phishing Text
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP
  1. Forward the suspected spam text message to short code 7726.
  2. Once received, we'll send you a text message asking for the "From" address.
  3. Reply to us with the "From" address of the unwanted message listed in the body of your text message.
  4. A free text message with a "Thank you" notification will be sent to you to verify receipt.
  5. The investigation will begin.

From Blocks FAQs 

0 Likes
Re: Scam/Phishing Text
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I hope the spelling errors in that message are theirs and not yours. That would be another clue it isn't legitimate. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes