Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Second Account I Never Created Went to Collections
jackandgeenel

I signed up for Verizon a few months ago after switching from another provider. My family and I bought 6 new devices from Verizon and since then the experience has been terrible. Out of nowhere, I receive a past-due bill notification in the mail stating I owed $41 on a terminated account, except I don't even have a terminated account with Verizon. I called Verizon and the agent on the phone determined that the bill was an error and said he had to escalate it to a higher billing team who would review the charge and get back to me on where it came from. I was told to wait for them to respond to me in about a week. Suddenly, a week later I receive a collections notice in the mail stating that the $41 charge has been sent to a debt collector! I call the collector who informs me that the charge was from an activation fee that was placed on a second account that was created by the Verizon agent when my number was ported over. I was willing to pay the amount if they were willing to send me a letter in writing stating that the amount would not go to the credit bureau after it was paid (Since I'm in the process of closing on a house and the amount would have been paid in the first place if Verizon told me what it was for). The collections agent refused to send me anything in writing, and said it was "not possible."

On top of all that, when I signed up for Verizon service, I had a promo stating that a $200 gift card per line would be sent to me in the mail after two billing periods.  I never received the gift cards. When I messaged Verizon about the issue, the agent asked for the rebate ID, which I was never given. After replying that I don't have a rebate ID, I was not provided any more responses or help.

This is beyond unacceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Second Account I Never Created Went to Collections
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! I hope you're having a great day! Thanks for bringing your issue to our attention.  We would be happy to take a look into this matter and work towards a resolution.  We will send you a private message so that we can safeguard the information being shared.  Please respond to us, when you are able to see our private message.  Thank you. ~Louis

0 Likes
jackandgeenel

Truly horrible customer service, and that's saying a lot since I'm usually pretty forgiving on what I expect from Verizon's customer service normally. After spending an entire day going back and forth with various agents, no progress was made and I've simply been told nothing can be done. I have documented evidence of my reaching out to Verizon to understand why there was an overdue bill on an account I never created, yet even after I reached out, Verizon sent this mystery $41 charge to collections before even telling me what it was for. And now, they say nothing can be done about it, other than contacting the credit bureaus. I'm even completely willing to pay the charge, I just don't want it on my credit report, but that's still too much for Verizon to handle. As far as the rebates, I never received an email, notification, or text about how to redeem them and in fact was told the opposite when I signed up online, that I just had to wait 2 billing cycles for them to come in the mail. Verizon claims texts were sent out on June 29th explaining the redemption process, yet I don't see how since all my numbers didn't complete porting over until the second week of July. I will be canceling Verizon service the day my agreement is up and taking my 6 lines with me. Very sad and disappointing that neither of these issues could be resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jackandgeenel, we want to help address the charge related to the second account and not lose you as a customer.

We've sent a private message to further assist. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes