Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior plan?
Sandman_CA
Novice

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years, but am seriously considering making a switch to a more affordable senior-friendly company. Unless I am missing something, and I hope I am, it seems that Verizon Wireless only offers senior discount plans in the state of Florida. Is this true? We are in California. 

In our particular case, VZW charges nearly twice as much for two unlimited lines as its biggest competitor charges for age 55+ customers (available in all 50 states). I would like to stay with Verizon, but the lack of a senior plan is frankly going to make that undoable. Is there a senior plan that I am unaware of? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Senior plan?
acraftylady2

Looks to be only Florida.  I am in NY and nothing here.  You might consider trac phone if you don't need a lot, much cheaper than verizon for people that don't use a phone a lot.  I use my phone for everything so like all the features we get for what we pay.

https://www.verizon.com/plans/55plus/

0 Likes
Sandman_CA
Novice

Thank you, but no, we use our phones quite a bit, which is why we have unlimited plans. Verizon's monthly bill is twice what it's biggest competitor chargers for the same features for those of us 55+. For whatever reason, Verizon has chosen to remain uncompetitive in this market segment.  

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Then you are better off switching if it's the same features for much less and coverage is just as good.  I need the unlimited  calling and texting for Canada included so stay with verizon.  If they ever open the border again I want to be able to make a call if we break down over there plus I have friends over there I text with.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to save whenever possible. There are plans that may be available based on a specific region. In order to cover those options as well as offers that are account-specific, please choose another support option by visiting the Support tab at Verizonwireless.com or by calling Customer Service at 800-922-0204.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Our goal is to look into all options for you. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. We will stand by. - Albert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be on the best plan for your wireless needs, acraftylady2. You can always check out our available plans while planning your next trip by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6601HT4C3 Our goal is to keep you connected no matter where you are and we are always here to help. -ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes