Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sent in phone, never received credit.
Tgormley

I became a customer this last year with Verizon and when doing so I had just bought a Samsung s20 fe 5g from my other company. I was told if I sent in my old phone I would receive an $800 credit payed over the course of 24 months that would cover my new phone monthly payment. After many phone calls ot customer service and investigation there has still been no luck. I even got told I'm going to be receiving something in the next few days, get the email, and nothing happens. It's frustrating because the phone I got doesn't work the way my old one did, and I had special stuff on the one I sent in but figured it would be worth it to have service. 

Every time I call I go through the same loop and told it will take a couple weeks or a couple months to investigate. It has been almost a year now and I haven't gotten anywhere. What do I do next?

0 Likes
Re: Sent in phone, never received credit.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. After reviewing the feedback you'd shared here, it saddens us to hear that you've not received the Device Trade-In Credit you were expecting after one year has passed. This is very unusual, and we apologize for your inconvenience.

Typically, in cases like this, an investigation would be initiated. May I ask if this was done for you and was a case number assigned? We'd be more than glad to further investigate for you.

We've also noted your reference that your current device is not working. Can you tell us more about what's  happening with it? We'd like to help you in any way we can.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Tgormley

I was told an investigation was opened but never received a confirmation number for it. It's mode frustrating because I'm told there is progress, I've received emails saying there would be a credit and then nothing ever happens. 

As for the phone not working, it works. The battery life is poor in comparison to what I had. Its a smaller screen than i had, and I had some vslued mementos on my old phone that I could not get transferred.

Also, after about 2 months of having the phone it started having issues finding a network. It seems that there are just a lot of dead spots where it used to function normally. 

Thank you for the response! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to help with any pending concerns you have about the trade-in credit. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes