Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Several Years and Two Promos Not Honored
Fumbles2284

I've called, as well as utilized chat support, numerous times about both issues. Chat support always told me I had to call regarding such issues. Every time I call, I get passed around until I inevitably get forwarded to a line that automatically disconnects me.

1. 6/8/2018 - I purchased two phones with a BOGO deal. Never saw a credit. Each phone shows a separate agreement plan. The first line had a down payment, and the other was the full $929.99 over 24 months. 

2. 5/6/2021 - My account was showing a promotion where I could upgrade my two phone lines and trade in both of my Galaxy S9+ for a $800 credit per line/trade-in. I did this with the support of a sales chat rep. I asked him/her several times about the amount. They assured me that I would receive the $800 promo credit for each phone after I mailed in my old phones. After a week or two, I had not received the packing material to send in my old phones. I contacted chat support who told me they'd resend the packing material. After another week or so, I still had not received the packing material. I contacted chat support again and asked them to confirm the address they had on file. They had my previous address, which is strange since they sent the new phones to my current address. I asked them to correct this and resend the packing material. They said they did not see the promotion from my recent upgrades and did not send me the packing material. It has been several months since then because I had to travel overseas. I've called today, and they told me they could only offer me $400 in credits. This is one fourth of what I agreed to. They won't even allow me to return the new phones. I've saved the chat conversations showing that the rep guaranteed I would receive the 2x $800 promo credits. I guess that doesn't matter since they tell me they keep every conversation on file.

So now I am looking at Verizon essentially stealing $2129.99 ($929.99 from the BOGO + $1600 for the two new phones - $400 credit they offered today) of my hard earned money. I have no idea how many hours I've spent trying to get these issues resolved. It feels so illegal that their reps provide quotes and guarantees, and then you are left with nothing you were promised.

Hopefully this message will help.

0 Likes
Re: Several Years and Two Promos Not Honored
Doggo
Novice

¹ There isn't enough information given here. A BOGO will always have the requirement of new line add or a port in for the "get one" portion. Some promos even have a plan requirement. Without knowing the specifics, there isn't enough info to determine if a BOGO credit is valid.

² $800 for an S9+ as an upgrade, even if a promo was running, doesn't sound right. That high of a trade in value is usually reserved for newer phone models / new line requirement.

Your message lacks some key information. Mainly if the BOGO had a new line and ² the promo details for this claimed $800.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Fumbles2284. It's always important to get a promotion as offered, so I understand the concern when the expected promotions didn't show up. I'm happy to put another set of eyes on this to see what's happening. Please check your private messages to begin. -Tracy

Fumbles2284

Added a new line for the bogo.

Upgraded both existing lines for the 2x $800 off new phone promo. I asked the sales rep several times about the return process and to confirm that I would get the $800 promo for each line. They confirmed.

Update: I was supposed to receive a call from a manager within 24-72 hours. Never happened.

0 Likes
Fumbles2284

I received no private message. Would you please provide a corporate number I can call?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Fumbles2284, I am sorry to learn that you never received a call from the manager as expected. To speak with someone by phone you can call 1-800-922-0204. -Tionna

0 Likes
Fumbles2284

That's the same number I called in the first place. That's just Verizon customer service. I'd rather not spend several more hours of my time just to end up in the same place.

When I called them, they told me that promo was not for line upgrades. I checked my account afterwards and found the same $800 promo for line upgrade for both my lines. I have screenshots as well.

Do you have another number I can call directly to a manager or some sort of expert team to get this resolved? I have chat logs and screenshots to prove everything I've said.

0 Likes
Fumbles2284

Meant to add one of the screenshots to my last post...

Screenshot_20211006-160642_My Verizon.png

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Did you open and read the See Details link under the $800 for a trade-in offer? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Fumbles2284

Yes, why?

0 Likes