Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Short Code 776836
DotRatDevilDog

Any idea what this short code is for?  

0 Likes
Re: Short Code 776836
DotRatDevilDog

This short code 776836 shows up twice per day in my girlfriends text usage.   It seems to be a verification for something she is using.

0 Likes
acraftylady2
DotRatDevilDog

She does use Credit Karma but twice per day every day?  And sometimes 5 times per day, seems odd.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Don't use it so no clue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can definitely understand having questions about messages you receive from Short Code numbers. These type of messages are typically connected to a business, or app that you may have used. If you did not recently use an app, or reach out to a business that send this to you, I would recommend ignoring the message. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for letting me know. Short Code is definitely used for verifcation services. This can be from any type of business, or app that she may be using such as a login to a bank account, or a credit card company. It can also be used by apps like Facebook, Twitter, or other social media as well. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! I will send you a private message with my response.

*Ayesha

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for that update. Majority of apps require short code, especially something that is very sensitive like Credit Karma. *Emina 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Alrighty then. Is this random text causing any issues with the device itself? If not, she should be able to reply STOP to that short code to stop them from sending the texts in the future.

*Ayesha

0 Likes