Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slow data
AUSMIT16

I run several Speedtest on my device each time I notice “de prioritizing“ during the hours of 11pm-6am. I have been experiencing speeds of .05mbps and .02mbps the last several nights. But during the day I’m able to stream videos and music just fine. I always have excellent signal strength, I live near the cell tower by my town. The service I’m getting in return for a “$90” plan (more like 110.xx after taxes) is absolutely ridiculous. There are many many people here in this community thread complaining about it and not one instance has Verizon taken any action. (Other than have some rep with you on the phone for an hour doing useless things like restarting phone, resetting network settings, etc.) Verizon has one of the worst customer services I have seen, and completely rips off the customers with the price they charge for mobile bandwidth less than 600 kbps for the phone without hotspot. If there isn’t a change soon, I will be moving providers to somewhere with truly unlimited data without restrictions for less then I’m being charged here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow data
glitchedpixel

You try having millions of customers and allow of them to have full speed 24/7 and see how your towers will fair. I don't get why people complain instead of using home internet.

0 Likes
SAYHEYMEOW

Not everyone can get home internet  

DBJYC1973

I pay for two lines with Verizon. I switched to their service when I lived in Florida. I was with T-Mobile. I have been back in Texas almost a year now.  In May 2018, I added a line for my daughter. She has always had problems with her line. I have called Verizon customer service many times. When she first began having issues with her service, I was told we were being prioritized after going over our data, which was unlimited but after using a certain amount the speeds were just going to become slow until the cycle started over. I purchased the Above Unlimited Plan and things have just gotten worse. I now experience very slow data speeds as well. We were told that we would need to purchase a booster for our locations. Her and I do not live in the same home. I've only just begun to have these issues, have love in the same location for months. (I travel for work) I can't believe that I pay nearly $300.00, which includes the payment of our phones, protection plans and ABOVE UNLIMITED SERVICE! I feel defeated and depressed. My daughter is sad and I can't do anything about it. None of the service techs can or will help. I feel ripped off and taken advantage of. Guess this is happening to many of us. What do we go about this? I've spent so much of my money trying to fix this issue. It's breaking me emotionally and financially.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there, DBJYC1973! Having the speed you need is absolutely a priority and we would love to help you in any way we can. Can you please provide us the zip code of where this issue is happening? How long ago did this issue start?

Rachel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmw144

Why is this thread still open when the thread dated 6/21 complaining of slow data was closed due to "age?"

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes