Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Someone Bought Phone from My Account
brokenracquet

HOW can someone get entry into my Verizon account and order a new phone under my account? (Let me note here that wait times for reaching someone on Verizon is horrendous) Day one, I call Verizon when I get a text message notifying me that my password changed. I did not make any changes. They tell me I ordered a new phone and it is on its way to Brooklyn New York, I live in Michigan. They put  a stop on the phone as its in transit. They said someone from the fraud dept would call me. They didn't. Day two, I call and was told the phone was intercepted and shown it was returned. Someone from the fraud dept would be giving me a call. They didn't. Day three, I see the newly added phone number is STILL showing on my Verizon account. I call and wait until I am finally able to get connected with someone in the fraud dept. The woman (who sounds like I just woke her up) tells me the phone was delivered to New York (huh?). I tell her that I want that newly added number removed from my Verizon account, she asks a few questions, then says that she will issue a credit for the iphone that was charged to my account and it might take up to 3 billings to show up (huh?). I spoke to various Verizon representatives over the course of 3 consecutive days and with each the details of this fraudulent activity is different. How is that? How did someone get into my account to place this order and when I barely remember my password and they had to have the last 4 digits of my s.s.#. My suspicions are this sounds like and inside job. I am going to see if I get that credit and if there are any other issues related to this I am dropping Verizon like a hot potato. This does not make me a happy Verizon customer.

Labels (1)
Re: Someone Bought Phone from My Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm very sorry to hear that fraud has happened on your account. Your account security is at the top of our priority list. I would like for you to reach out to our fraud team at 888-483-7200. I'm positive that we can get your concerns addressed in a timely fashion.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cluckow

Just found out someone bought a phone on my Verizon account! Called Verizon, talked to a lady for an hour! She told me it happened 3 months ago when I bought my phone. The store I bought it from did something wrong and I had to go back there! I went there, it took them 10 seconds to tell me someone bought a phone from bestbuy.com on my account on July 13th! How does that happen? I have a pin on my account! I need to file a claim with the fraud dept! Has to be an inside job from someone that works for Verizon!!! I just went paperless 3 months ago!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cluckow,

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had. Account security is a top priority here for us as well as making sure your account is protected. You can file a claim with our Fraud team here: https://www.verizon.com/about/account-security/file-a-fraud-claim

-Mark

0 Likes