Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spoofing calls
Wordsworth7

I recently started using the Call Filter App  Plus on my cell phone. I am constantly getting 5 or more spoof calls a day. Isn't this app capable of stopping these calls or showing the caller's name? I know my bill shows the charge for the Call Filter Plus. Maybe I need to reinstall this app?

Re: Spoofing calls
9wood

Think you will be better off with another app from what I read about the call filter app it doesn't stop calls seems to be reporting or maybe alert to suspicious calls

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Nobody likes to be spoofed, Wordsworth7. How many spoofing calls did you receive prior to the Call Filter app? Are these calls from all different numbers? 

0 Likes
9wood

I my self have reported this to your reps on phone same scripts as robo call or spam basically it's same script but yet nothing is ever done about it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

9wood, this is not the way we want you to feel. We are working hard with the FCC to stop unwanted calls. I receive calls from phone numbers that claim to be from the IRS, Social Security office and car warranty department. As soon as I receive the call, I hang up and block the number on my phone.

Please keep in mind that Spoofing is not caused by an error in the network or your phone. Spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses a paid service (like Spooftel, Spoofer or Spoof Card), which allows the calling party to change the mobile number they are calling from. If the mobile number they enter is stored in your contacts, there is not a way to block the call. Take a look at our Stop unwanted calls web page. https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/homephone/calling-features/stop-unwanted-calls

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
9wood

no disrespect intended if it comes out like I am I apologize

blocking a spoof call achieves nothing, spoof calls are what you as a network and others are required to fix ( stop) under the traced act i.e take measures to prevent stop

the apps or whatever used for spoof calls is the main thing to address and stopping it i.e. stir or shaken tech thing not sure I got that correct but it basically autheticates all numbers i.e. not spoofed if that made sense

and changing ones number doesn't stop these ( spam, robocalls, spoof calls) either just gets you a recycled number

and the ftc do not call is not a call filter ( i.e. you report calls to them) which I been on since start ( years)

and as you said yourself you got calls like these has any of your steps stopped them? not likely

0 Likes
VerizonSupraman

I am having the same issue, one company keeps calling but every time they call they spoof their number. The call filter only seems to be able to block by number. So it's useless since now spammer know how to beat their system, there seems to be no way to block the Spammers via Caller ID. You can block that number they call from all you want, spammer just regenerate a new one fake number the next day. They beating the system in place.

9wood

There is a good app to use to deal with these

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Receiving unwanted calls can certainly be annoying and we apologize for your inconvenience. As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. Receiving calls to your mobile phone that display your own phone number is an example of Spoofing. The good news is that Verizon provides several options to help block numbers, calls, ads, text messages, and emails. Please visit our website for more information to help at http://spr.ly/6604HH3kw. -

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
9wood

As stated by others and on this post your call filter does not seem to do much

0 Likes