Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start Unlimited and 4gb limit cap?
bintt89

I have start unlimited data plan. But I am seeing I used 1.96gb out of 4gb in data hub. What is 4gb limit in here? I thought i  am unlimited as long as not streaming videos more than 480p. I am really confused of 4gigabytes limitation thanks

Re: Start Unlimited and 4gb limit cap?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It’s concerning that you see implications of a cap on unlimited data, given your plan, bintt89. You reached the right place for some expert help. We’ll need to get some non-public information to better assist you. We’ve sent you a Private Note to continue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
jav6

@vzw_customer_support @georges_vzw   That seems like a question that other Forum Community members might be interested in knowing the answer.  Please respond with an answer publicly.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
BBKing2020

I believe you are confused by the term "Unlimited 4G LTE Data" 

4G LTE is just the name for wireless broadband communication for mobile devices and data terminals, based on the GSM/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA technologies

Usually 4G LTE speed is fast and should be enough to stream 1080p videos but it's not the case at Verizon

Your data plan is unlimited and there is no cap no matter you use 5 gb/month or 500 gb/month. However, speed will slow down to 2G speed during congestion which I feel I experience it the most of the time. 

jav6

@BBKing2020  Where do you see any mention of 'Unlimited 4G LTE Data' in this post?  The OP's question was regarding the limit shown in the data hub:

"But I am seeing I used 1.96gb out of 4gb in data hub. What is 4gb limit in here? "

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Hmeredith

I am seeing the same thing, and already experiencing slowed service when I have only used 4.01 GB of data during my billing cycle. I was told this would not happen until I went over 21 GB of data. Terrible experience since switching to unlimited. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are very sorry to hear about the slow data speeds that you are experiencing, Hmeredith. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that your data speeds are working as expected. How long has this been happening? Are you able to use calling and text messaging okay? What is the city and intersection that this is happening in? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
DesertMom6

I have the same problem. Our neighbors boasted about their Verizon service. And after years of dealing with spotty data service on AT&T in our home town, I made the switch to Verizon and my husband stayed with AT&T (work related reasons). Then AT&T put up an additional tower in our area and he gets great service all month long. I have the Start Unlimited plan and I get pretty good service for about half the month, then I can’t get a single thing to load unless I am at home using my WiFi. The Verizon data service is non existent for the second half of the billing cycle. I have a teenager that uses a lot of data when he is away from home, but I rarely go over 2gb because I only use it to stream music on Pandora and Spotify. Why should my coverage slow? Shouldn’t it just be the one line that has used the data? I am ready to take my service back to AT&T because I just want to be able to load maps for directions when I need it, and my phone won’t even do that in the second half of the month. Frustrated by your services.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes