Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Still being billed for device payment plan when I traded in my phone 6 months ago
jeff137

Hello, this is at least the fourth time I had to contact Verizon because I am being charged monthly for my new phone when I traded in my old phone in October 2021.  I switched to Verizon when I was offered bill credits to trade in my iPhone XS. Can someone please help because it is very frustrating to fix this every billing cycle?

0 Likes
Re: Still being billed for device payment plan when I traded in my phone 6 months ago
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. Hearing that this is your fourth time contacting Verizon due to being charges for your new phone that you traded in for, in October 2021, is not the experience we ever want for you or any of our customers. I apologize for your inconvenience and we'd like to help you in any way we can.

May I ask if there has been in investigation initiated about this matter for you?  Typically, traded in devices can be tracked by using the Submission ID provided to our customers via email (During the device trade-in process).

Have you received a Submission ID? Was there a Return Tracking Label Number provided to you? Please don't answer those questions here in this public forum. -Robert C.

0 Likes
Re: Still being billed for device payment plan when I traded in my phone 6 months ago
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
jeff137

Yes, I provided the Submission ID and tracking number as proof that the package was delivered to the customer representative. The customer representative confirmed this information and said it does take a while. The representative also said I should start seeing billing credits on my next bill, which was noted. However, in my most recent bill, I am still seeing that I am being charged.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want to get to the bottom of this once and for all as you deserve the proper trade-in value, jeff137. Please send a Private Note here and we can offer you more personalized support.  -Yale

0 Likes