Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Still get texts from number blocked through My Verizon
DIAGRI79

I have blocked a number through my Verizon, but am still getting texts from this number. The block is still active and does not expire until Nov 1.

The texts that are getting through group texts sent to me and several others, is this why the block is not working? I'm not able to block the other numbers, these are people I need to communicate with.

Is there a way to block this number entirely?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Still get texts from number blocked through My Verizon
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I don't know if it is possible myself. I personally had a similar experience with a blocked number and group text messages. I had a number blocked through MyVerizon and that person sent out a group message to several family members including myself regarding a update to a health issue another family member was going through. I only noticed that there was a group message after the other people replied to all about it, but I never saw the original message from the blocked number and my phone wouldn't download it either. As a result, the replies were disjointed and harder to follow. I ended up also blocking that number through my phone dialer application so now they are double blocked just in case they attempted to send a message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

You should try blocking it in the phone itself.

Or just tell that person to lose your number and if you receive any more messages from them you will consider it harassment an contact the police.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand the need to have a number blocked on your phone. However, due to the group message being completed the number is still able to send messages as long as they are apart of the group profile. There's no way to stop this action as the number was included with in the group text.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EvanPeterson

Yeah I have had someone texting me since 2020 telling me to die, go r@pe women and various other nasty things. I called the police on this person and the cops refused to do anything stating since they are using a fake number that they can’t trace it. Further more I have blocked these numbers and labeled her or whomever it is as psych0 stalker killer 911 in my phone WITH their numbers blocked. infuriates me even more now that the texts with their name labeled are getting through. This person texting me under the name psycho stalker cyber killer is a criminal. Good thing our government systems and Verizon company are so helpful. I refuse to change my number because someone prefers dreaming of others dying. Furious.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes