Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Store Refusing to Honor $800 Credit
JustinP2022

Verizon sales sold me a plan where I would get the $800 trade in credit. As a 10 year ATT customer, I finally switched over 

After picking up my phones at a corporate store they told me to come back trade in my phones and they would honor the promotion.

Instead of honoring it they lied and only gave me $400 credit total for both phones, not honoring the $800 per new phone. 

Now my bill has gone from $140 a month with ATT to $334 a month. After being repeatedly assured I would pay the same amount and get two new phones.

After visiting the store for two hours and having repeated follow ups they have told me they are “too” busy to honor the credit. 

As a new customer, I have been lied to repeatedly and told they are “too busy” or “understaffed” or the most recent excuse is “the new iPhone is launching and they can’t help me.”

This is also a corporate store not an authorized reseller.  

This is horrible customer service and a horrible first few weeks as a Verizon customer. I am going to demand a full refund, my phones returned and post on every platform (TikTok, IG, and others) pushing as many people as possible to avoid Verizon. 
Why can no one honor the promotion they sold me? Is it just common practice to lie or just this store location? 

@vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
Re: Store Refusing to Honor $800 Credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there, Justin. Thank you for reaching out to us here. We are sorry to hear about your promotion issues. Please, do us the kindness of sending us a Private Note, so we can take a look at what is happening.

*Faith

0 Likes
VzWUser8

Because of this very issue, I'm extremely hesitant to upgrade my 3 lines to an iPhone 14. Way too many people have experienced this unfortunately.

If the desire was really there, this flaw in the system can be very easily addressed. However I'm not sure it's really a flaw or a deliberate ploy. Imagine the amount of VzW agents who get called on this issue and how many of theirs (and the customers) hours are wasted. Is it worth the headache ? Why not make the Trade-IN system very simple where a customer hands in their existing device at a store and a decision regarding the rebate gets made instantly. Is this some rocket science which cannot be implemented ? 

Really wish Verizon could answer this question honestly and openly. Given that several customers have been facing Trade-IN related problems for years, why not acknowledge that the existing trade-IN system is simply flawed and very error prone, wastes many man (and woman) hours and is simply inefficient. 

Question is, if they make this system seamless, they'll have to honor close to 100% of these $800 rebates. Is that really in their interests ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, thank you for reaching out to Verizon. Remember, the Social Media team is available 24/7. You can send us a PM to better assist you and find a solution to any concern you may have! 

>Janet

0 Likes