Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuck pending order after rate plan change
sam-the-gam

I changed my rate plan on 1/5/22 to the new 5G Plan on 3 of my lines. 5G Get More & 5G Do More. I had the plan change immediately on 1/5/22. According to My Verizon there is a pending order so I can't make changes. I want to Turn On Maximum video streaming quality on the 3 lines. But get an error: An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later. I also can't enroll in Apple Arcade on one of my lines with the same error. Also it appears my 50% off tablet and 2 watches has fallen off. I tried using chat but never got anyone after 30 minutes.. Also tried the support ticket route with no response.

0 Likes
Re: Stuck pending order after rate plan change
sam-the-gam

Was able to get this taken care off over the phone with technical support. Verizon is in the process of upgrading 5G Get More UW plan from 30 GB Hotspot to 50 GB Hotspot and including unlimited premium data. The upgrade is done automatically at the start of next bill cycle. I was able to get Apple Arcade activated & turn on Maximum Video Streaming. The technical support had to delete the pending plan change. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

For plan changes going to a larger plan, it is always better to BACKDATE the changes to the beginning of the current billing cycle. This prevents you from getting prorated for a partial month across two different plans and potentially getting charged overage fees.

To switch to a smaller plan, it is better to FUTURE-DATE the changes to start at the beginning of the next billing cycle. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sam-the-gam

Spoke too soon!!! I am getting there is a pending order so can't change rate plan until it finishes processing error again. The message showed up a little after 2 AM Pacific 1/7/22. Maximum video streaming quality is off again and attempts to turn on give an processing error. The hotspot allotment shows up as 0. Earlier in the day it showed 30GB while it is supposed to be 50 GB. At least Apple Arcade, Disney + package, Apple Music, Discovery + are still working fine.

When I spoke with the technical support rep earlier in the day she said because plans are being automatically upgraded to take effect on the start of next billing cycle for the increased hotspot and premium data allotments, and either Google Pass or Apple Arcade perks. So the order that is processing on my account will complete 2/4/22. Because the computer insists of upgrading the plan when I manually switched to it. The computer created rate plan change to take effect on first day of new billing cycle.  However on my Verizon it already shows I have the new plan "5G Get More" and under plan details everything is listed correctly. It just incorrectly shows hotspot allotment at the moment. On my other line of service with "5G Do More" it does show the hotspot as 25 GB which is the new upgraded allotment from 15 GB. 

There are numerous YouTube videos about how the new rate plans that Verizon launched 1/5/22 is giving errors in My Verizon with hotspot allotment showing incorrectly and unable to activate maximum video streaming quality. Also the 50% discount for connected devices such as tablets & smart watches not being applied properly.

0 Likes