Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Student Discount Error
mik18

Is there anyone currently on Verizon who has successfully obtained a student discount via Unidays?

I have tried but it seems to be a scam. I have already verified enrollment through Unidays, clicked to activate,  redirected to Verizon student,  only to get an error message?

I messaged Verizon only to speak to an agent who was of no help. I have emailed Unidays and they are not the problem. It appears that Verizon site is giving errors of " Customer not found" when I am already a customer.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Student Discount Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mik18, we can definitely help with making sure your discount is able to be applied. So we can help, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mik18, we can definitely help with making sure your discount is able to be applied. So we can help, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mik18

after attempting to apply discounts on different days I was finally able to open it through Verizon . I received an email that my verification was received and should be receiving the discount in 1-2 billing cycles.

I assume the site was down. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am glad to hear the ball is moving in the right direction. Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the meantime.

0 Likes
jggray13

I'm glad I found this post because I am having a similar issue. I have verified my student account on Unidays and when I click on the Verizon discount deal, I'm asked to verify again, which I do, and then it gets stuck on the "Almost There" screen and never finishes. I've tried at least 10 times, submitted tickets to try to get some support without any response, and have tried on multiple different devices and browsers. It feels like they don't want this to actually work for most people. 😞

0 Likes
Frustrated101x10

I’ve had the same problem. They keep requesting various pieces of information and documentation, which I provide and then they send me generic responses and no solution. Like step one instructions when no email is received on the student account from unidays… process is broken, there is no support telephone number to call, nobody will call back, it’s ridiculous!

balafemina3

I seriously do not know what to do.  I have been trying to re-verify my student discount all morning (over 5 hours).  They make it incredibly difficult so that customers just give up.  I was also sent an email to re-verify my work discount and it wouldn't forward me the school link.  It is just a continual issue.  Unidays is also completely unresponsive for customer support.  I don't know if the site is down, but it lets me get so far in the process and then sends 5 different reasons (including how I will be sent an email - which of course, never comes) and why I cannot do it. 

I have been a Verizon customer for years and I continually have issues with them including when I just added another line.  I found out my plan was changed 6 months ago from a plan that I had a feature grandfathered in (without my knowledge or permission).  I was told my plan would stay the same and that I would have the same features.  It is crazy the stuff that goes on here!  I called in and talked with a supervisor (that took 4 hours to work through and how many call centers) to be told he would take care of it and put a ticket in to get my back to my old account.  He said it would take about a week.  Yep, you guessed it.  It was never put back to my old account and it is months later.  It seems like a bunch of lies to get your money and get you off the phone.  So incredibly frustrated!!

0 Likes
balafemina3

To clarify this, Verizon sent me a link to verify my employer discount (which I didn't have) - I only have a student discount.  When I tried to verify through that, it would never allow me to access the student verification system.  I am at a loss as to all the road blocks.

I finally made it to Unidays today, but it's a rabbit hole of getting no where with multiple blocks (such as I don't have an internet connection - funny, I am posting here though with my working internet).  Multiple time outs, multiple messages saying I will get an email from them.  Nothing and non-existent customer support.  It is beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
balafemina3

Oh, this is fabulous.  Another message - this discount is not available to me as my account is restricted.  I don't even have words to describe my frustration now.

0 Likes
balafemina3

@verizon, please don't tell me to send a private note.  I spent wasted time calling in to Verizon this morning to be transferred to two different individuals to "help".  I got nowhere.

0 Likes