Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surcharge Increases this month
XSSNCO

Why did the surcharge for " ADMIN and TELCO recovery " increase by $1.70 per line this month? What is this surcharge for? What happened that required this increase.? Why were we not warned of this change? Is Verizon turning into COMCAST?

Re: Surcharge Increases this month
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon reviews the Administrative and Telco Recovery Charge from time to time and makes adjustments to recover some of the administrative and telco expenses and costs of complying with regulatory requirements we incur to provide service.Other fees included on your bill are listed out by line item on your bill and you can reference them at any time. Does this help explain the concerns you have?  I would be happy to assist with any additional questions you might have on your bill.

*Joshua

0 Likes
LDL207

What does "From time to time" mean?  How often will we blind-sided by new and made-up charges from Verizon?  When I purchased my new phones, we signed an agreement that had a monthly agreed upon billing rate.  Verizon is changing and I believe violating the spirit of that agreement.  

I remember now why I left Verizon before and as soon as my contract is up, I'll be looking at other vendors who stick to their pricing agreements.  Shame on me for going back to Verizon.  Shame on Verizon for not sticking to the terms of the contract again.  

Predator7
Novice

So much for C Band and you can't tell the difference!!! Sprint is better than Verizon

acraftylady2

Maybe sprint is good in your are but it's horrible here.  They still don't have service in the area my husband worked after all these years.

stob7

Shame on Verizon for not making customers aware of these increases ahead of the. These ridiculous fees are just an underhanded way for Verizon to further gouge their customers while providing lackluster service and product. Terrible!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Stob7, we want to make sure that you have nothing but world-class service when it comes to your cellular service. What issues are you having with your cell phone service? For more information about Government taxes and fees and Verizon Wireless Surcharges check out this link https://www.verizon.com/support/surcharges/

-Kevin

0 Likes
SamW5

I spoke with two different Verizon customer service representatives about the dramatic increase in the Admin & Telco Recovery charge this  (69%).  Both told me that this is a state tax and that Verizon has no control over it.  I asked why this item is not included under "Taxes and gov fees" rather than "Surcharges" if that is the case and was told that "Surcharges" and "Taxes and gov fees" are the same thing.  None of this sounds right to me, but that's what I got.

HappyTrader88

QA from Verizon website:

5. Is Verizon required to impose this charge by federal or state governments?
No. This is a Verizon wireless charge and is retained by Verizon. It is not a governmental tax or a government imposed fee.

This is ridiculous. Basically they can increase the monthly cost whenever they want. 

naes2425

The percentage surcharge increase seems relatively exorbitant to other increases. I guess Verizon's 77 billion dollars gross profit from 2021 alone wasn't enough. Go modern capitalism!