Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suspicious Email After Ordering New Phone
wiptaylo

I recently signed up for a new plan and device. The order went through and is currently shipping. But this morning I received an email from "[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]" that told me I have a new account email. The email also listed a number to call: 1-800-922-0204.

I never set up a new account email. I called the number this morning and talked to a business rep named Nico. who explained that this is an automatic send by Verizon before the account is activated. I was feeling more suspicious, and asked him for his name and Employee ID.  then said that it was a business side ID and the consumer side wouldn't recognize it. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it normal, or is someone phishing for my information?

0 Likes
Re: Suspicious Email After Ordering New Phone
acraftylady2

Read here about that number.  Lots of spoofing going on with company numbers.   Did you check the email headers to see if it was really from verizon?  Mary

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/Call-from-quot-Technical-Support-quot-800-922-0204-Appea...

0 Likes
Re: Suspicious Email After Ordering New Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Phishing and other fraudulent activity is always a concern and we are glad you found this trusted forum to reach out about it, wiptaylo. While we did not see the email address you shared, we can confirm that 800-922-0204 is a valid customer service number to reach us on. The best way to ensure the security of your account is to check it from My Verizon. It is quite likely this email was sent to you because of the new sign up. Let us know if you find anything suspicious on the account, though, okay? 

-George

0 Likes