Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suspicious Text
JMiyasato

I just got a text from 900070003405405 Telling me that bc I have a 208 area code I must now enter the area code on all calls. There is a link and an article. It seems 99.999999 fishy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Suspicious Text
JMiyasato

Nevermind, Turns out it was legit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JMiyasato

Nevermind, Turns out it was legit.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Apparently you should have started dialing with all ten digits back in November 2016 to get used to the practice during the grace period before the hard switch in August 2017.

Idaho’s newest area code: 986 joins 208 | Idaho Statesman

986 area code to arrive in Idaho in 2017 - everyone will have to start using area codes first in 208...

https://www.silverstar.com/news/2016/11/mandatory-10-digit-dialing-idaho-208-area-code-starts-less-y...

Idaho 208 986 Area Code Overlay FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

In my area, we have been dialing all 10 digits for 35+ years. I just thought that this was standard practice.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

There are a few pockets left.

Even though it wasn't necessary, I remember receiving the advice to always dial the ten digits on my cell phone when I first got one. I have kept to that advice even though I lived in one that required it and another state that didn't require it until a few years ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Verizoncashcow

We just got this code in the mid west, that we must start dialing the area code. I know US Cellular has required it for a while. Once (when I had Verizon or ATT) I tried to make a call to someone I had saved in my phone without the area code. A US Cellular message came on saying I had to dial the area code first. I must have been on a different tower, which I found interesting. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes