Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swindled by TCC (Verizon authorized partner)
Harv1990

Does anyone else feel like the were swindled when dealing with TCC?  I traded in two Samsung phones for iPhone 13's.  I was told at outset that it would be just about an even swap based on the promotion that Verizon was running.  After going through the process I was told it would be a $250 deposit so that they could order the new phones.  That seemed to make some sense at the time and I incorrectly assumed that once we surrendered our Samsung phones the "deposit" would be reversed.

When our new phones arrived at the TCC store in Scottsdale we went in to pick them up and get them going.  The sales person took the phones out of the box and started applying a screen protection sheet to each of the phones.  We had not requested this and when I asked her what she was doing she mumbled something about it being "necessary" on iPhones.  Being a new user I thought that was very odd but we had screen protectors on our Samsungs so I didn't really push it (my mistake to expect an honest sales person).  Turns out those screen protectors cost $60.00 each and no doubt a healthy margin for TCC.  She also picked out the cases "we needed" along with wall chargers.  None of the items on the display had pricing and before you know it we had another $172 in accessories that I probably should have gotten on Amazon for half that.

So the credit card statement comes and the $250 deposit is still there along with another $295 for the accessories.  Not quite the trade-in I was expecting.  When I went back to get a detailed breakdown of the $250 and the $295 (oh, I forgot to mention that no receipts were provided, not hard copy or by email) I learned that something called "Redux Water Protection Single Line Membership" had been added for $60.  This was never discussed and not anything we would have elected to add.  Further more, nothing on the itemized invoice I requested today adds up to $250.  

Bottom line, stay away from this place, and shame on Verizon for partnering with a company that does business this way.

0 Likes
Re: Swindled by TCC (Verizon authorized partner)
acraftylady2

Why would you go to a store like this instead of a legit Verizon retailer?  Would have walked out as soon as they asked for a $250 deposit let alone let them start putting cases on the phone and adding wall chargers.  I definitely wouldn't have left without demanding a receipt.   

0 Likes