Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Switcher rebate scam - misguided by Verizon sales
AGaur

We are having a problem and no solution in sight.

We switched three lines to Verizon in April and we were told that we will get gift cards of $300 per line in about 8 weeks. We received nothing. I have been calling them for more than a month and no resolution. I am told I had to register and I didn't register. But this was never told to me. I was simply told we will get three gift cards of $300 each and we were checking our mailbox and gift cards never came. I call Verizon again and again and go into loops with no positive resolution. I was later told that you won't get gift cards but the amount will be adjusted against your bill. That is fine too but I have not seen any confirmation of same. Hours have been spent on this and I feel so bad that I switched. I will not take this lying down and am examining my legal options. If there are suggestions by community members please share. I understand there are other customers in similar situation.

Re: Switcher rebate scam - misguided by Verizon sales
KimYoo

I have the same problem!. Read my posting!. We must take class lawsuit action!.

0 Likes
Re: Switcher rebate s*** - misguided by Verizon sales
snappy404
Yes, I have experienced a similar issue with the Switcher rebate. I should have received $400.00 for switching. I have contacted Customer Service, gone to the store of purchase, etc. I am so frustrated with this switch, I wish I would have just remained with AT&T. The gentleman at the store when I purchased, told me the rebates had been put in, and I would receive my rebate in the form of a Verizon gift card within 3-4 months, but with COVID, the rebates have been taking up to 6 months. I switched on May 31, 2021. I have reached out so many times, I am just so done with it. When I called the rebate number and/or was transferred to them, the woman told me she did not see ant rebates under our account, and it was past 30 days so she could not assist and told me to go back to the store. In May 2021, Verizon offered a rebate for switching carriers for $200.00 per line. Two of my lines came from AT&T, so I am eligible for $400.00. Here it is almost a year later, still trying to resolve it, and no one can help. The only reason we switched to Verizon was because of the rebate.
0 Likes