Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Switching to Verizon Wireless Rebate Mystery
Jon323

I switched to Verizon in January 19, 2016. On March 5, 21016, I received this e-mail "Good News! We're processing your submission (tracking number: xxxxxxxxx) and your $100 Verizon Wireless Visa® Prepaid Card will be shipped within 14 days".  I called Verizon Card Services 877-899-8980 with my tracking number and they have no record of my rebate at all! Nothing.Then I call Verizon Wireless Customer Service and they tell me that my Visa rebate card can take up to 8 weeks to receive. Today is March 18, 2016. 8 weeks is tomorrow. They cover themselves by saying it can take up to 8 weeks to process and they haven't started the process. They tell me to ignore the e-mail they sent me because it was just an automated system. I am very annoyed!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching to Verizon Wireless Rebate Mystery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jon323, we definitely want to make sure that you are able to receive your rebate card. Don't worry, I'm here to save the day. Did you port your number over from another carrier and trade in your smartphone with us to get a new smartphone on a device payment plan?
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HBILTZ

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!  The Verizon Site in the "Rebate FAQs" states:  "Typically...3 weeks...but may take up to 6 weeks."  Yesterday marks the beginning of the 6th week.  In my military and gov't experience, if the work is in the last week of the deadline, SOMEONE dropped or is dropping the ball.  I followed up with the folks in the Verizon store and Verizon Rebate Center "Contact Us" representative, but they were inconsistent and futile.  In the former, I was told that it can take 6-8 weeks; the latter told me 8-10 weeks.  More importantly, the Rebate Center representative I spoke to today said the following strange things (after I have shown to him the "Rebate FAQs" section of the Verizon rebate site) to the same effect:

1) The 3 to 6 weeks statement only applies to rebate claims submitted by (snail) mail.  Therefore, online submissions take longer, thus 8 to 10 weeks for online submissions.  [My thoughts:  Wait, online submissions take longer than mailed submissions?!]

2) Redo the whole submission again!!!  [My thoughts:  Hell no!  Do you know how to do your job?!]

3) (After I have shown the representative proof of the 3 to 6 weeks statement in the Verizon site and I asks for proof through a Verizon site or pdf document regarding the 8 to 10 weeks)  I do not have any.   (And after I, coming up with the idea myself, request for an email to show proof of the 8 to 10 weeks)  I cannot email you myself directly but I will put it in the system so someone who should do that job will do it.  BUT, it can take up to 72 hours.  [My thoughts:  Lord Help Us!]

If I do not get an email showing that proof, I will be submitting a BBB complaint and give a low rating of the local store.  In fact, on the basis that the local store sales representative stated that the rebate will take 3 - 6 weeks for my wife and I to receive (besides the fact that the Verizon rebate center website states 3-6 weeks), I will be reporting to the Consumer Affairs and BBB.  I urge you to do the same.

0 Likes
LegginMF121

I did the switch and ported over my numbers July 26th. The huge draw for me was the $600 dollar rebate per device I brought, so $1200 total I am supposed to get in rebates. Every time I check the status my rebate amount decreases. Like you told me it was $600 per device, then it went to $550, now it's down to $450. Hey Verizon, bait, switch lie much? Not fair to offer a carrot to change then change the terms after.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes