Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taking Advantage of gullible customers?
nashrocks
I've been a verizon wireless customer for several years now, and I wanted a refund or verizon credit for the payment I made recently. I was recently "forced" to make a payment on my verizon account to avoid penalties and a hold on my account-- But after speaking with a representative on why the charges were so high, they instructed me that it was due to the international travel pass plan on my father's phone line -- a plan that he had cancelled a couple months ago. Before he left to Korea, he visited verizonwireless store in California to cancel this charge and change the family phone plan.  Unfortunately, only one of those plans were cancelled therefore resulting in an extremely high bill charge. My father did not catch this mistake as he is an elderly man who is very unfamiliar with technology. What's worse is that he did not even use the international plan feature (unless it was on accident). I know I shouldn't have paid for this bill without identifying why it was so high - but I was acting in fear of my phone plan being cancelled (which has happened to me before). I expected Verizon to be more understanding of this unfortunate situation, especially given the horrible economy caused by COVID-19 and the fact that we've been customers for several years. It's disappointing!
0 Likes
Re: Taking Advantage of gullible customers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry to hear about the unexpected charges, nashrocks. We know it's confusing whenever this happens and we're happy to help out. Please check the Private Note we have sent so we can best help out. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes