Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher Discount Never Given
mrsaxon

Hello,

I have 3 lines with Verizon and have been with the company for about a decade. I was supposed to get a teacher discount 2 years ago. I have went through the verification process then, a few times since, and just today. Each time I get through all the requirements and am told it will start in a few billing cycles, and it never once has been added since it was offered 2 years ago.

It is really sad because Verizon has my teacher information and credentials. I don't even need to add it anymore (even with ID.me) as it is all saved and ready to go for verification each time I try to add it. Verizon just never adds the discount.  

I am going to leave to a different carrier if I don't get it added this time. What a joke this company has become. No honor at all in how they do business with me. 

Re: Teacher Discount Never Given
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, mrsaxon. I do regret to hear that you have been dealing with the lack of the discount for such a long time. I know how important it is to ensure that you are able to receive the discount that you were promised. To start, is the account under your name? To ensure eligibility, what is your teaching position? ~Pamela

0 Likes
mrsaxon

Yes it is my account. I teach 8th grade ELA. Your phone rep just finalized Verizon removing my discount for the last 2 years. She claims I have 1. never signed up for it until this March. 2. signed up as a Starbucks employee to get an accessory discount so that is why I could not process my teacher discount. 

I am shocked that your company would go to this length to rip a teacher off from a little discount. I will be cancelling my service and never using a service from Verizon in the future as it is an untrustworthy company. 

I will also be contacting my state's attorney general for support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We'd be so sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family, mrsaxon. So we can get a better look at the details I have sent you a Private Note, please reply to that message for further review. Thank you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
mrsaxon

Publicly your company acts like you will help and privately I am told otherwise. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Did they give a reason why you don't qualify?  My husband is retired now but when he was working had no trouble getting the discount.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to get any discount you can. We would like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
kirk_az_lpc

I came back to Verizon in January 2022. I still haven't seen MY teacher/educator discount for my first two bills. I can never get a human when I call and Verizon chat hasn't rectified my situation. I hope that VZW will: a) activate my discount; and b) credit my first two bills with the teacher discount on my 3 lines.

0 Likes